Saturday, July 30, 2011

Such a special day....

Here is Levi with our donor mom and her 2 kids...
The whole crew....

Sweet Little Levi with 2 ladies that love him so much!


Can I just tell you how amazed I am by our gracious God who works in such mysterious ways...
Today we had a special day planned...
Honestly, I wasn't sure if this day would ever happen... we have pretty much always left it open to our donor mom to do whatever she felt was right at the time...

I am soooooo glad that God allowed us to meet in person.
She is just as amazing in person as I have thought that she would be...
And her kids are just as precious:)

When she got to my parents, I couldn't contain myself and went outside to walk her up to the house. I just gave her a big hug and of course my emotions totally got the best of me. I could barely squeak out the thank you I have thought about giving to her in person, for months.
Really, it is just impossible to thank her to the degree that I want to for this sweet little cuddly miracle and gift of Levi...

Later in the day she thanked me for giving Levi a life that she could not give him right now. I couldn't help but say, I think we totally got the way better end of the deal:) I do know that it brings her heart peace to know that Levi will be raised in a Christian home where he will learn all about the Savior who loves him and died for him.

We sat on the couch and visited. I absolutely loved getting to learn more details about her and Ryan, Levi's donor dad, who died 3 years ago...

My parents live on a plot of land with my 2 brother's families... I knew that my sister in laws and nieces were chomping at the bit to come and meet them:)

For me it was like visiting with an old friend, I learned so many new things about them and their families, yet from reading each others blogs, I felt like I already totally knew them. God is so amazing to weave our lives together out of such heartache for both of us...

Honestly, she is one of the most mature, respectful people... asking if she could take his picture or give him a kiss... of course I said.... ABSOLUTELY... NO PROBLEM!

I can not imagine how today was for her and how hard it might have been....

For me, I am on the end of living life with this precious gift that never would have happened with out her... I am completely in awe of the miracle of it all! I really don't feel like that feeling of absolutely blessedness will ever leave me. I can not look at Levi with out being overcome with the goodness of our God.

Before she left she looked at him and said something about growing up to know Jesus so that one day we can all live together forever, Levi, Ryan, Samuel, all of us... Oh, I can not wait for that day... this life here is but a blink of an eye compared to eternity...

As awesome as that day will be.... today was an extremely special day this side of Heaven...

8 comments:

Laura said...

what an incredible story. I feel at the verge of tears reading this post thinking of both of your sides. She sounds like an amazing woman!

Becky said...

Totally a bawling mess after reading this...God is so so good my friend! Blessed be His name! Love you guys~

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love you all! Praising God for His sweet full circle for you both! chris and mary

Tonya said...

Amazing. Truly amazing. I'm speechless as I can't find any words to express what my heart feels for both you and the donor mom. Happy tears are flowing. So, so happy for you. For Levi. For the amazing gift of his donor mom and dad. Love you!

Angela said...

Beautiful! God is so good! I just got an email from our donor mom that she might come this fall to visit us for the second time since the babies were born. I am praying that she can bring her girls. They need airfare for them. I would love for ALL of us to be together!Love the pics of all of you together! Just beautiful!

Heaven!What more can we say?!!!

God bless you all as you raise this little man! I feel so grateful at times that I have another "mommy's heart" praying for our babies. Don't you?

Hugs!

Blessed said...

Sara, I don't remember how I came upon your blog, but reading it has been a joy, and esp. this post.

I am a fellow mom blogger, and your story moved me so much I wrote about it on my own blog. I used some of your photos, to help the significance and beauty of your choice to bear Levi come through. Would you please stop by when you get a chance, to let me know that it is ok?

http://oblesseday.blogspot.com/

Your spirit is beautiful, as is your precious family. : )

your sister in Christ,
"blessed"

Ebe said...

This is an amazing, beautiful story. And I feel honored to have heard it and to have held your precious little Levi.

love,
ebe