Saturday, December 1, 2012

Immeasurably more...

I wrote a post about our meeting with our birth mom...  Waiting for the appropriate time to share it...

Here is the update on Isaiah...

We are still in the nicu...
Still under the phototherapy lights.
Still in the isolette ( although when I talked with the doctor tonight, he thought we would be able to take him off both tomorrow.  His iv is out and he is eating great:). We may be talking of a discharge time  frame of 24-48 hours... But we will see... Things change often...

He is ADORABLE!  Anna and jojo loved seeing him today... They got to come in and hold him.  To totally and utterly melted this mama's heart.  The older boys had already made commitments near home and couldn't make it... They were sad about that.  Little man is nursing great for a preemie.  I keep reminding myself that he is God's little guy... Not ours yet... As much as I totally love him already... I need to try to guard my heart... Really I am more of a throw yourself in and deal with the repercussions and heartbreak later if need be.  He has a good disposition.  It is such a treat to spend as much time as I can with him... I am trying to just soak him up.  If all goes well, I know life at home will be fairly busy, just because it just is with 7 kids...so I am treasuring the quiet peaceful moments:):):)

With any adoption case it is sort of like holding your breathe... Even if things look GREAT?.. You just never know... We had a couple of moments in the past couple of days that were nerve wracking... But God was so faithful...

 He has just been knocking my socks off with one sweet thing after another. We were pretty desperately trying to find a place for me to stay... I knew if I stayed at the hotel, it would be somewhat expensive and I would have to get a cab back and forth each day...  I had one nurse figure out how I could a room here and today they even moved me to a nicer room where I could get meals... They went above and beyond:) What a blessing...  Yesterday our agency rep didn't want me to be alone ... We had one of those uncertain times and praise God, I had a local friend discover that i was close to her so she came up to hang with me.... What a sweet distraction and gift to me!!!  And last night I was blessed to go out to eat with the agency director...she is amazing!!! Truly AMAZING!  It was like my cup was just being filled over and over again up by sweet people  being the hands of feet of Jesus to me and I am so grateful!  The Lord was certainly doing immeasurably more than I could ask for...

I have so much to share... But too much that I can't share online at this point.  Keep the prayers coming.... We really appreciate them...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! So excited that you got you call. The waiting wasn't so long after all! Praying that our creative God fits this wonderfully creative jigsaw puzzle together and that involves little Isaiah being part of your amazing family. Hope that the transition from hospital to home goes smoothly when it comes. Love to you all