Tuesday, December 4, 2012

OVERCOME...

Tonight I am totally overcome with so many different emotions...

This morning Isaiah's precious birth mom terminated her rights as his mother...
We are overcome with gratefulness for her amazing sacrificial gift to us!  We are overcome with feelings of admiration for her...for her loving Isaiah enough to give him the best she could...a stable loving family...

There are so many ways that adoption stretches you... each experience is so different and grows you differently... Ohhhhh... that stretching can be so uncomfortable... there are moments of worry, fear, bliss, total joy and excitement... Even though I have trusted God fully with this journey, I am still human and have felt all of those feelings over the past week... I know that God's will is going to be done... But I also know the reality that sometimes how that all plays out hurts and isn't maybe what I would desire...

Today we had lunch together... It was amazing... She was so sweet.  She had a beautiful bracelet for me and some blankets for Isaiah.  She even he an extra devotional book for me... We were so touched by these gifts... So so touched...

We talked and talked over lunch... She had a friend with her who was with her the day we met her a week ago... Sweet sweet woman as well...  Both girls were incredibly easy to talk to and we learned so many new things about her that we will be able to share with Isaiah someday.  We cracked up!!  The stories that she shared with us are priceless.  She is so witty, funny, yet brutally honest... I loved that about her...

From all she shared our hearts were again SO DEEPLY touched by all that she has gone though.  My heart just hurt for her and her friend.  We always pray for the birthmoms of our children... even before we are chosen... But I absolutely love that now I know her by name and know enough about her to be able to pray for specific needs.  Sometimes I feel so naive to the lives that some have... She was so strong and brave...

We are praising God that we are one HUGE step closer or making him ours forever!!!

I am overcome by the goodness of our God to give us such amazing gifts... This little Isaiah is a miracle and we  can't wait to hopefully bring him home in a few more days.... There are some VERY VERY excited spunky kids waiting to snuggle and love on him...

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Sara honey, praying and praying for God's amazing peace and grace as you wait. Hugging you and thinking of you often across the miles. My boots will forever be on for you love! Persevere, He is with you, Emmanuel!:)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I am so very Happy for you guys. Praying is is home with you all soon!

Anonymous said...

With that experience, you have a better chance in landing a permanent job in a bigger
hospital. Remember that you are usually limited to a number of sessions
so you might want to consider paying out of your own pocket.
Also, be sure to have both the training and experience, which are needed before you even
think of applying.
Have a look at my site - psychotherapy and counseling center rego park