Sunday, August 16, 2009

MORE WISCONSIN HANGING TIME

AT NATURE'S VILLA TAKING THE GOLF CART BACK FROM THE LAKE


JOJO ENJOYING THE BUBBLER...YEP, THAT IS WHAT WE CALL THESE
THINGS IN WISCONSIN.


AT THE PARK FOR A PICNIC WITH FRIENDS THEN HEADING TO THE POOL:)


What a busy, but great week. Wednesday I headed to Whitefish Bay to see Amy, a sweet, sweet, friend of mine from High School. We don't stay in touch nearly as often as I would like to. We have moved so many times, it is so hard to stay in touch with everyone, I wish I was better at that. Amy is one friend who as soon as she heard the news about Samuel was on the phone to me. She left me a couple messages on my cell, I could hear the distress and concern in her voice. We finally connected a couple of weeks later, I was able to tell her the whole story. She right away offered to come down. I knew that even though I hadn't seen her in a couple of years... she would have been there in a heartbeat. She is a tried and true friend.
We had such a wonderful lunch together. We left all the kids at home, and were free from distractions. It was beautiful. I have missed her so much, it was just such a delight to talk, and share my heart. She is one who has a natural gift of empathy, and for validating how one is feeling. We had some wonderful discussions about all sorts of stuff. I dropped her off back at home and just drove home with a peace in my heart... it was so nice
The next morning I went for a run with my brother, after the run, we were able to talk about my healing. He prayed with me... Then later in the day he called just to tell me, "Take all the time you need." Do you know what it is like to actually hear those works from someones mouth? I have had tears come to my eyes a few times since just knowing that he is ok, with where I am at, and is ok with the journey I am on, no matter how short or long it may take me. I had a great talk with my parents right after that. There are so many things that just need communicating. I was able to tell them what I really need from them. It is so hard being so far away and not being able to communicate in person very often. My mom told me, she often doesn't bring up Samuel or the situation with Joel, for fear that she will make me sad... I had to tell her, she wouldn't make me sad, I already am. This is really the first time our family has gone through something like this... it is new territory. I was so thankful that they were willing to listen to me and hear what I need, not what they might think that I need.
Thursday we met up with my friend Rebecca, (I think I have known her for as long as I can remember) and Samantha, my college roommate. We met at the park for a picnic and then off to the waterpark. The kids had a ball, and the moms were able to plunk down and just relax and visit. Such a treat. The whole week was filled with visiting with old friends. I can not tell you how good that was for me. There is just something about being with people who know your heart and have known it for a long time. Because they know me, there is just a peace about sharing your heart and knowing you won't be looked at funny, or be expected to be anything other than who you are.
During the week, we also had a pretty lake pot luck at my mom and dad's house with all of our old neighbors and friends. We also headed out to another friends lake to swim and catch lunch. We hit downtown Oconomowoc for a movie on main street. They literally shut down main street and about 4-5,000 people plunked their chairs down and we watched the Wizard of Oz on a HUGE blow up screen. Oconomowoc has such small town charm.
What a NICE week. It was just what we all needed. We are so thankful that God blessed us with safety and a chance for a nice get away from normal life.


No comments: