Tuesday, September 18, 2012

UGANDA IN OUR FUTURE...





I can not wait to see get to see these precious faces in the flesh before my own...

That is right... Louis, Caleb and myself are planning on heading to Uganda in January 2013...

We are thrilled to be able to be heading over there with some familiar faces... some family, friends and great friends Lou and Greg went with before...

I know January seems a long ways off, but in the same breath I know that the next 3 months will fly by and we will be jumping on a plane to fly over there.

In one moment, I am not sure how my heart will survive being away from my own (those of you that know me, know that this is not a common occurance for this mama to head across the ocean:)

Yet, I can tell you there is not a doubt in my mind that I am supposed to Go!  I have been at home many a mission trip while watching my hubby travel the world or states to go serve.  I have absolutely loved watching him get the chance to minister to many, but there is a part of me that totally wants to be able to come along side of him in that area of passion and be more unified in it... together!! I share the passion but I want to embrace if full force myself.  

Would you pray for us as the boys and I prepare to minister to the people there in Uganda.  We will probably be working at the same orphanages and street ministries that they worked with last February.  We are already praying that the Lord would break our hearts for the things that break his... I can not wait to scoop up those little ones and just love on them.  We are praying that he will prepare us fully in the next 3 months for all we will encounter there and that He will use us for whatever He choses while we are there:)  There are lots of things to do to prepare, passports to get, funds to uncover:), vaccinations, but most of all we are praying for our heart preparations...

If you think of it, also pray for my mom who is heading over to Uganda next week to work at an orphanage... We so appreciate you walking this journey with us... 
With Much love in our risen Savior Jesus...  Sara

5 comments:

Molly said...

That's so cool!!! (By the way, I'm Molly, I've been reading your blog for awile, but I don't comment much, lol) Me and my mom and dad are headed Uganda again in just under a month to bring my brother home! This will my 2nd time and my dad's 3rd just this year! I'm so excited! You'll love Uganda! I know I do!

okiemommyto2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

So excited that you get to go this time, it is going to be such and amazing experience for all of you again. Those boys will keep you nice and safe. :)

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog but have never commented before. The date you leave for Uganda I'm leaving to go to the Philippines. My name is Vicki in I live in a small town called Millersburg, it's in PA.
I will pray for you to have safe travels.

Unknown said...

How very exciting!!!! I will be praying for your trip and your mom!