Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The special cousin bond!

 Enjoying custard at LeDucs with some of the cousins:)
I love that some of my kids best buddies are their cousins... they are inseparable when we are together... And they miss them like crazy when we aren't together...
 Caleb and Lindsey in a hard fought battle of arm wrestling...
 Some of the cousins after the lake church service we had at Pretty Lake...
 I think the groom isn't so sure of this family he married into... he was getting a warm welcome by my brother,whom my kids affectionately call "Johnny Boy" :)


I can't believe that a whole week has passed since we left Wisconsin... 
 I am not sure I will ever really get fully used to being away from home.  This trip back was a bit emotionally charged so it seemed especially hard to leave.  Someone today told me that living away from family was a deal breaker for them.  Not so in ministry... There is a part of me that wishes that could be the case for us too...
It is such a gift to have the support, fellowship and encouragement of family close by.  But really I ultimately would rather be where the Lord wants us than to be by family if He doesn't want us there.
None the less, I would be being less than honest if I didn't admit that it is hard sometimes.  

Sometimes you long for the help of mom, dad, or your brothers and sisters.

Sometimes you long for the love of people who know you deeply and still love you warts and all!
Some times you just long for the familiarity of home... and all the delicious food that comes with it!

And sometimes you long for weather that is not sooooo crazy hot!

Can I just say the heat here lately has been nuts!  We are going on day 16 of over 100 weather days... with only 1 of the next 10 days being under 100... It was a record breaking 112 degrees here today.  The hot breeze blowing on you felt sort of like when you open up the oven and it just smacks you in the face. It is oppressive!  It is supposed to be 114 degrees tomorrow...

I don't at all mean to be complaining.  I know God has planted us where He plants us for many reasons.  And really, I could live anywhere and be content... 
There is much to be thankful for... great AC that runs well!  
Really, when you know how hard life can be... and how many others are experiencing great difficulty and sadness...
The heat is pretty insignificant!
So here is to 114 tomorrow:) 

2 comments:

KateThomas said...

I hear you about family living far away. Now that we have Alice in our lives it kills me that my mom is missing so much with her. I love my family (and church/school) family here so much that it would be hard to leave. God has blessed me with so many people to love, and He always makes a way for my loved ones to get to see me. So blessed to have your family here Sara. Amen for AC too!!!!

Unknown said...

Sara I am missing home also. It is so hard to be far away. Funny though I am missing the Tenn heat when we got home yesterday I had to put on a sweatshirt. Praying God surrounds you with peace, joy and comfort.