Saturday, August 11, 2012

Quite a day... actually a fairly normal day for us:)


Happy 42nd Birthday to my sweet hubby!  We are so blessed to have him as the daddy of the house and the leader of this home!  I know it may seem like he is taken for granted sometimes... but I know how easily we never could have had a married life together or these precious kids together had he passed away from his cancer 20 years ago... I DO NOT take his precious life for granted... I need to make sure my actions show him that loud and clear!  Sorry babe, for when in my humaness I fail in that arena... You are loved and treasured!

What a day... He spent all morning helping build the pre-schools new playground up at church... (totally my Greg to WANT to do that on his birthday)  He wouldn't have missed it:) 

All of that while I got the house ready for a showing (yes, I think I have failed to mention here that our house is for sale) not an easy task with 4 little ones at home... and especially when they arrive early.... ahhhhh!  

I went grocery shopping, come home... unload groceries on the counters... start feeding the kids, get lunch going, put dinner in the crock pot, and low and behold who is at my door??? The realtor.  I totally thought she forgot something here... Nope, they wanted to see the house again... 

Well... literally the house looked like a tornado had hit in the 15 minutes we had been home... Rushed to pick up food off the floor, tried to get a hold of Greg who was on his way home... no answer... pile kids back in the van... meet Greg in the driveway... tell the realtor to excuse all the little messes that  occured in that short time... 

Head to sonic for slushies... Greg had also brought home a young man from church who is staying with his grandparents for 2 weeks... A homeschooled kid from the DC area... who had lost his father a little less than 3 years ago... INCREDIBLE  kid... offered to help me at least 4 different times today... a total joy to have here in our home:)  The boys were already planning a potential sleepover in a few days!

The rest of the day... much more relaxed... ate Greg's birthday meals and had red velvet cake, Granny's recipe which NEVER turns out like hers... it was still pretty tasty though:)  

After dinner life consisted of a little role reversal... Greg cleaning up the kitchen (I know... sad on his birthday) me and the older boys cleaning out the garage... I had mentioned to Greg earlier that just because we are a big family (meaning numerous bikes, scooters, bins of clothes etc) that didn't mean our garage had to be a walking nightmare:)  

He wasn't sure we could make it look any better... So the boys and I tackled it in about an hours time... Wow... Greg's first words were, "What did you do with it all!"  (I think he was truly afraid it had pitched everything)  Literally, just a few things to good will, all the garbage out, cardboard to the car to take to recycling, the stack ready for Craig's list, and all the rest put up on the shelves we have in the garage...   It just needed some serious organizing.

Now to some... it is still probably a VERY full, somewhat messy garage... but it was HUGE progress for us... and the kitchen was amazing when G was done!  Ahhh... my mind is more settled now with less messes...

Never did hear back from the realtor... oh well, God knows exactly the family who needs this house:)  But I would love for him to bring them here sooner, rather than later... because it is so hard to keep a house show ready at the drop of a hat with 6 kids at home... But honestly, I am just so thankful to have a house to keep clean at this point:)  We will see what he has in store...
So now off to bed...

2 comments:

Becky said...

Tell Greg Happy Birthday from the Boggs bunch!! Sounds like you had an exciting FULL day, I remember selling our house, with all of our little ones, before moving to the Sem...very high on the stress list!! Hugs to you guys, enjoy the last lazy days of summer :)

Anonymous said...

You have so much on your plate right now and I pray that God gives you everything you need to keep going this fall - thinking of you and missing you too! love chris and mary