Saturday, March 3, 2012

HE IS MY TRAVELING COMPANION...

 Levi fell asleep in grandma's arms in the pool:)

 Jojo and gramps... oh we had tears from this little guy when we had to leave grandpa and grandma...
 Tonya, Matthew, myself and Levi...
I am so thankful the Lord has given me friends to walk this journey with and am so thankful for the friendships that have come specifically because of Samuel...

 My kiddos with Tonya's kids:)

I am so thankful to be home safely.  I was thankful to have the Lord driving right along with me today.  I think we were in the car for almost 15 hours... Would you believe we only had to stop twice? I think that was totally God also.

It was funny because the day before we left for home the kids started telling me all of the things that they needed for their soccer games tomorrow... Cleats for one, shin guards for one, socks for two... So there I was praying as we got off for dinner... "Please Lord let there be a sporting goods store at this exit, so that I don't have to drive all the way into town after we get home tonight... There was a store directly behind the Chick-fila we ate at... Thank you God, that saved me tons of time later when everyone would have been even more tired...

 The kids did amazing... totally God.  Levi didn't cry at all...totally God.   Anna did such a great job entertaining him and giving him snacks.  Hope, who usually isn't the best car traveler, was a doll... I had some good laughs looking back at her in her seat... She was in such a good mood... totally God.  We had some continuous singing of praise and worship songs for hours on end... I thought it was cute, the other kids...not so much.  (I think it may have gotten on their nerves a little bit:)  Caleb was a great co-pilot and navigator and Jojo is just Jojo... easy going almost all the time:) 

We were so blessed to be able to go visit my parents while Greg and Louis were away... It was a total treat... beautiful weather in Florida... beautiful pool... It was a sweet blessing to get to be with them and enjoy some sunshine:)  They were extremely gracious in letting the 5 kids and I crash into the retirement community down there. There were lots of tears from my Jo and Hope when we left...

Then on the way home we stopped at my blog friend Tonya's house...  We met in person 2 years ago, a little more than a year after the loses of our sons Grady and Samuel... It did my heart such goodness to meet her son Matthew this time.  I was overcome with how good and faithful God is to be able to sit and watch our 2 boys cruising around and playing by each other.  They are such precious gifts after such hard times.  My heart was warmed...

It was so sweet to be able to stay and extra day and visit... I feel like we have known each other forever.  (I know people say that a lot, but I really mean it)  It was nice to talk about our boys in heaven and discuss how much healing has taken place and where we are at now and where we were.    I told her the first night that it was just so nice to know that she gets it, where I have been in this journey, that she has seen me at the lowest of my lows... there is no reason to not be totally myself with her and it was a treat.  She was a great host too:)

Thank you Jesus for sweet travels to break up the routine of daily life... more to come on Uganda soon:)

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Surprise Sara! I decided to check blogger today (remember I don't get on much anymore). Thanks for sharing about our visit. I had an absolutely WONDERFUL time with you and your sweet children. I don't think I've ever seen better behaved children who are so thoughtful...seriously! It was such a treat to see and hold Levi...what a precious, true miracle and blessing from above! I wish you could have stayed longer but I'm thankful for the time we shared. I'm beyond amazed that you only stopped TWICE! I can't wait until our next visit. Maybe I'll put my "big girl" pants on and brave the long drive this summer! We'll see. I love and miss you and am SO thankful for our friendship and the fact that we "get" each other. (((HUGS))) to all of you!!!