Sunday, March 28, 2010

CHEERS!

HERE WE ARE TOASTING LAST FRIDAY NIGHT TO PERSEVERING THROUGH ANOTHER WEEK.... THAT IS SPARKLING GRAPE JUICE:)
PRAISING GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS TO US!
I AM DETERMINED TO GET OUT THE CHINA AND CRYSTAL GLASSES MORE OFTEN... IT WAS FUN AND THE KIDS THOUGHT IT WAS SO SPECIAL.


We had quite the busy week last week. Thankfully Jojo's head is healing really quickly and it looks great. Last Tuesday we had an interview with a birth mom, we know that she will be interviewing other families... I don't think that homeschooling is her thing and that is ok:) We met her, her friend, her mom, her 1 year old daughter, and her mentor for lunch. She was incredibly sweet and it was an honor just to get to visit with her even if she chooses someone else to parent her baby. I am always so impressed with these girls who in really difficult circumstances chose life for their baby and then love them so much to try to find the perfect family for them if they can't parent the baby.
I don't think I have mentioned here that we reactivated our profile for adopting. Given the situation with sweet little girl... we could have her for even up to close to a year and then find out we may not be able to keep her. We just don't know. If that were to be the case we don't necessarily want to be out of the mix for that long and then end up at the end of the year being empty handed and hearts shredded up a bit... who am I kidding shredded up a whole lot... We are trusting God with the outcome of all of that and praying that she becomes ours forever.
If we are fortunate enough to keep her, we really would love for her to have an adopted sibling, if that would be God's will.
We also knew that our profile was being shown on this past Wednesday. We know that young lady chose another family with out any children. We know that God has the exact children chosen for us... and we trust in His choosing, but I will admit it is still a roller coaster emotionally sometimes. I just can't help getting excited... But then there is certainly some disappointment when we know they choose another family. At the same time we know that child was not meant for our family, but someone else's:)
So at the end of the week we celebrated... celebrated being a family, celebrated God's goodness to us regardless of what may sometimes be going on around us:)
I am really excited for Holy Week. I know we will be incredibly busy with services each night Thursday through Saturday... and then a few on Easter morning. I know my hubby will be pretty tired come the end of it. But I am really excited to focus with the kids, on all that Christ did for us on the Cross. We can get so busy with life... but this week we intend not to. As we walk through all of the steps of that week, the last supper, the betrayal of Jesus, the Crucifixion, and then YES... the RESURRECTION we pray it will be a growing time for all of us.
YEAH GOD... FOR BEATING DEATH AND THE DEVIL SO WE CAN SPEND ETERNITY WITH YOU... AND ALL OF OUR LOVED ONES WHO ARE ALREADY THERE WITH YOU.
Oh, the thought... I can't help but smile:)

5 comments:

Tonya said...

I can't help but smile, either... At the marvelous cross AND the fact that you celebrated your blessings amongst your disappointments. Love you!

Tonya

Becky said...

Amen and Amen! I loved your celebratory post amidst such a roller coaster of a week. I'm looking forward to Holy Week this year too- so I hear you. Ah to focus on the risen Lord...after I fall to pieces thinking of what all He did for us. What sacrifice. And to think it's the same Lord that hears you Sara and knows the week you've experienced. Mind blowing. We WILL talk this week! It's been too long. Love to you all at the Hintz Home!

Mary said...

Sara....reading outloud to my kids the book "I know why they Call him Savior" by Max Lucado this week...it is so good for us to focus on the cross...so thankful that is your heart this week too...Love you...m

Ebe said...

*big sigh*

That's all I can say.

Praying, friend. Thanks for sharing that you've put your name back in the adoption process... now we can pray more!

love,
ebe

Kristin said...

Hey! Can you email me? Sorry, I lost your email and I want to "chat" with you about something! :)