Friday, September 25, 2009

THIS TIME LAST YEAR...

MY LITTLE MONKEY JO:)


LOUIS WITH DOOFUS, SPARKEY... WE JUST DISCOVERED HIS NAME IS REALLY FRED. NOW YOU BETTER SIT DOWN, WE LOVE THIS DOG... YES I SAID WE, MOST PEOPLE KNOW THAT I HAVE NEVER LIKED DOGS, REALLY HAVE BEEN PRETTY SCARED OF THEM MY WHOLE LIFE. BUT FRED IS JUST SO SWEET... BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I ACTUALLY TOLD THE KIDS THEY COULD GO ASK HIS OWNER IF WE COULD HAVE HIM. THEN I RETHOUGHT IT ALL. WHAT BETTER KIND OF DOG THAN THE KIND THAT IS HERE TO PLAY WITH, LOVE ON, BUT YOU NEVER HAVE TO FEEL OBLIGATED TO FEED, OR FIND HELP FOR WHEN YOU LEAVE TOWN. BUT MAN, HE IS THE NICEST DOG... KIND OF HAS BECOME A PART OF THE HINTZ CREW:)

ANNA KISSING SWEET SAMUEL IN MY TUMMY
What a week, take a deep breath. It has been busy, mostly because we had to get ready for a quick trip up north. (side note, Caleb just came in and said, " Freddy is a good dog, I just done feeding him the leftover bacon schniblets." Is that even a word? No wonder this dog loves us, kids to play with all day long and left over bacon:) Anyways we are so excited for Greg to do the wedding for his former youth girl Annie and her sweet fiance Brett. We can't wait to see them become one. So it will be a jam packed weekend with the wedding, and trying to spend some time with family. We are excited and a bit frazzled I might add. We will be back on Monday.
Just another little tid bit, we got a call from another agency in OKC last night that wants to show our profile to a girl due in a week and a half. Interesting... what a road the adoption process is... these last 2 places have sought us out, just because we are willing to bring home a baby of color. Wild. The adoption journey is not for the faint of heart that is for sure. There are lots of ups and downs and waiting. So as always every day we continue to pray for all those girls that are having to make such tough decisions because they love their babies and want the best for them. We are always praying that God would protect them and their little ones and guide them in their decisions and really give peace to their hearts. I can't imagine willingly giving your baby up, wow!
I really want the baby God has planned for us, not just any baby. I will say Greg and I have said from the start that we would love a drop off baby, one that just arrives and they need to find a home for. That would be ideal, not to have to go through 8 mos. of planning and waiting with a birthmom who could change her mind when the baby arrives... you just never know. But I will admit, my patience and hope grows very thin at times. But I don't want a baby that really isn't meant for us... does that make sense?
Not sure if I will get a chance to update while we are gone.
So as always... waiting on Him and His timing.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sara-
Praying for your family as this adoption process has its ups and downs. Love the picture of Anna kissing Samuel in utero.

Did you figure out a fruit fly trap? I was inspired by your last post and did a bit of internet "research" to find a simple trap b/c we've also got a lot of them. I took a glass bowl and put some cucumber scraps and juice (just stuff I'd normally throw in the compost bucket - which the flies LOVE). Then I covered it with saran wrap and poked holes in it with a toothpick. I kind of had to wiggle the toothpick a bit when I made the holes to make them big enough for the flies to get in. I'm happy to report I've caught 11 in about 24 hours! Sounds trivial, but it's made a huge difference. I put it by my kitchen sink which is where they are the worst. You could inspire Louis and Caleb to each make a trap and see who catches the most.

Blessings!
Rachel

Ebe said...

I love that picture of Anna kissing little Samuel. How precious. I am hopeful for you as you hear about the potential adoptions.
I believe that the child that comes home to you will be the one that God ordained for your family. How comforting it is to know that God is before all things and in him all things hold together.

love and prayers,
ebe