Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Yep... you read that right...


Yep, you read that right... 3:03 am... I think I officially say I am over my jet lag and wide awake, feeling my best of the day at 3:03 am...

 Ugh... I was really hoping that my jet lag from Uganda would allow me to get into a new habit of early to bed and early to rise...

That is still my prayer and something I will try really hard to make a new part of my life... I think that the late night hours, while allow me a lot of time to get things accomplished around the house, aren't really good in the long run:) 

 I would love for you to pray for that with me... What started after Samuel died as a way for me to cope with hard nights by staying up really late so that when I did lay down I would be utterly exhausted and fall right to sleep... (instead of going to bed early and being kept awake my tormenting thoughts... ugh...) has now become a bad habit.  I  know that might sound silly to ask for prayer for this, but after 5 years of keeping not the greatest hours... I could use all the prayers that I can get to start and keep a new routine:)  I know the power of prayer works... for really big things as well as the small things in life... Thanks friends... 

Yep, you read that right... -9 DEGREES and frigid!!
Yes it is -9 degrees and that is not taking to account the wind chill... I think the news said last night that for the morning commute with the wind chill... it would feel like-37 degrees... Yes, that my friends is what I would call frigid... really, I think that is beyond frigid...

So we are hunkered down on the 2nd day of no school for all the schools around... my kids feel robbed that they still get to do school at home:)  Ahhh, the joys of homeschooling.  I keep reminding them of the time off they all had while we were in Uganda:) 

Tomorrow on the agenda... 
school... making a fresh batch of homemade hot cocoa, and a possible movie marathon with friends... 

We are enjoying the warmth and coziness of home these days... and thanking God that the church installed new windows this fall in our house... I had heard that you could literally feel the draft blowing in some of them before... Can you imagine with the weather we are having??

So how is the weather in your neck of the woods??:)  


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will certainly pray for your new routine to become part of life. I have a great little clock that wakes me up with a light and gradually gets brighter like the sun. You set it to dim like a sunset in the evening to send you to sleep. It's really helped set my body clock and to wake me up on cold dark mornings! Will pray that you feel a new level of energy from adjusting your sleep times. And also that you find time to process your time away too.
Hope you find things to occupy yourselves at home. I found some ice activities for the toddlers to do last week when we had frost.
The weather in London is damp and chilly now-can't wait for lighter mornings and possibly some warm sun...perhaps by May I may not need my hat, scarf and coat on every outing...!!

Kim Thompson said...

Oh Sara I will definitely pray for more restful sleep for you!! Have you tried melatonin? It works wonders for me when I have trouble sleeping. It is all natural and basically just shuts your brain off, doesn't make you feel groggy at all!!

In the meantime, you've got my prayers for the sleep, AND the cold!! It is in the 70's here! Maybe a trip to AZ is in order?? Load up that RV and get over here! xo

Unknown said...

Yes I totally get that. I've also had sleep problem since Jonathan went to heaven. I stay up way too late and sleep in too late. I will be praying that you find a new pattern of sleep that works well for your schedule and that you get peaceful good nights rest!

SingerMamaMelody said...

I can so relate to that pattern of staying up late so as to try and fall asleep from exhaustion. I did some of the same after our loss of Solveig. And I have kind of always been a night owl. However, now with a 9 month old baby it's not a good idea for me to stay up so late. Trying to get myself into some better habits here too! Bless you...

SingerMamaMelody said...

and I mean to say, yes! I will pray for you about this! Lord, please help Sara to get some good sleep and to feel great peace. Amen.