Saturday, July 7, 2012

In my own bed:)

 Dairy Queen on the way to Texas to celebrate Lou's 15th birthday...
 The eyes say it all:)
 Sparklers on the 4th of July:)
 One Happy little 4th boy... Levi loved the fireworks this year... a big change from last year:):)  And he loved the food... as you can tell:)
The bigger boys with their cousins Maddie and Meaghan... They really enjoyed getting the chance to hang out with them:)  The times are so few and far between that we get to see them...

We are so thankful to have made it home safely...  
All the kids are finally silent... 
Greg is still up working...  
 Just finished unloading the cooler...
Loads of other things that will have to wait till tomorrow to be unloaded and unpacked...
I think when I start the laundry I will just repack and keep the suitcases in the extra bedroom till the kids and I leave next week for a wedding with my side of the family...
G leaves tomorrow for a week away for work..
Our timing has stunk this summer on planning/timing of commitments...
I think the littles will be going on 3+ weeks without daddy in the last month...
 I know it could be so so much worse... 
It is just for some reason this summer... I feel like summer will be over and we won't really have had too much down time with just our family...
 We love getting away to see our family all across the country and it is so cherished... but it really has me cherishing the time we had in Colorado with friends where we just sort of plunked down in one place and explored right around there...
Maybe it is just the shear fact that nowadays with 8 of us... just getting out the door is quite a small feat:)  
I wouldn't have it any other way...
Seasons...I know this one will pass way too quickly and I will be longing for it back:)
I am about to crawl in my own bed... There is something about sleeping in your own bed that just can't be beat:) Ahhh...  More vacation pics soon...

2 comments:

Christa said...

I can't believe Louis is 15...that is crazy!:)I remember when he was just a baby! I love all the pictures. I'm glad you all had a wonderful trip. :)

Heather said...

Only 1/2 year until Louis can start driving--at least in Wisconsin anyway:).