Wednesday, April 4, 2012

BEHOLD HE COMES...




Wow, were we blessed with an amazing sunset last night...

Levi was fussing during and Anna went out on the back porch to give him a change of scenery and she came back in and said, "You all need to come out here!!"

One of the kids brought up the song "Days of Elijah" where it quotes the scripture...
BEHOLD HE COMES, RIDING ON THE CLOUDS..

What a glorious day that will be! 

We were discussing how so many times the clouds and the sun shining through remind us of Heaven and of course makes us think of Samuel. 

We had a funeral at church on Monday and they did a balloon release afterwards... As I was gazing up and watching the clouds float higher and higher one of my friends just look at me with caring and knowing eyes... " You do a balloon release for Samuel each year, don't you?" 

I love how God gives you those moments with those friends who know you well enough to just KNOW... I can not tell you how much such a small comment like that means to me... Mentioning my son's name... showing that you still care about him and us... Honestly, these days I get more choked up when someone shows that they still remember our son and our missing him... I don't know why it strikes me in such a profound way...

Thanking God for the amazing small and HUGE WAYS that God shows us His glory each day... And for how He sends those beautiful nuggets of love or care from one of His children to touch our hearts when we need it....

3 comments:

Ebe said...

That is beautiful. I love it when people tell me that they think of Owen and miss him. It is a great reminder that he lived, and that he lives on now.

love you!

Unknown said...

OH wow I love those photos....I started singing that song behold he comes.... I also long to hear Jonathan's Name spoken. In fact I told my husband last night PLEASE say his name to me every day! My husband is very private in his grief and is not great at sharing....any tips in that? Love this post today:)

Anonymous said...

Love you sis! Happy Easter to you and Greg and my precious nephews and nieces! We love you all!!
Beth