Monday, January 9, 2012

We are on board, Lord!


(Christmas Eve 2011)
 Levi is now right around the same age little Miss Hope was the day we found out about her and hours later loaded up the kids, bought a car seat, and headed out for the two hour drive to meet her and pick her up...
 Here she is the day after she met our crew.  I am not sure if I ever posted any pictures of her from those early days.  I know I didn't post them at the time because I couldn't, but now I can't remember if after things all settled down and we knew she would really be ours if then I posted some???  Anyways, she had some cheeks on her:) 

I will never forget how she took to Greg immediately, and wanted nothing to do with me...

I will never forget the kids, later that first night crying and asking, " Will she ever like mommy??"  (I think they had watched my heart grieve for Samuel for over and year and just really wanted this new little girl to WANT to be by me:) 

I will never forget the kids arguing over who could stand by me as we walked through Walmart with her the next day... They were so happy to have her here with us...

I will never forget wondering what on earth she was thinking coming to our home at almost 10 mos. old...  I just wanted her to feel loved and not afraid...  (I think she felt a little smothered in love:)

I will never forget about 10 mos. later, riding in the car and staring at her in the rear view mirror... her calling out my name, "Mama, Mama!!!"  and having the distinct knowledge that she knew NO DIFFERENT  than that I was her mom, Greg was her dad, and we were her family... and she was perfectly content in that alone.

  We look at her and see and know her whole story, about her conception, her sweet birth mom giving her up for adoption,  her first 9 1/2 mos of life, her coming to us, the months of waiting and uncertainty, and the rest of the story since then...

It is such a sweet blessing to be able to look back and see and feel the Lord's faithfulness... Adopting Hope has been such a sweet gift and wild ride for us.  And I am so thankful for the Lord adopting us and calling us as His own... We are fully His... just like Hope is fully ours! 

Wow, what a reminder that amidst life's uncertainties (aren't there always uncertainties in life, or am I the only one?? :)... The Lord sees the full picture, He sees all the details... the ups and downs... the twists and turns... He loves us and all that has and will come our way has been sifted through His hands...

Oh that we can just sit like Hope in the car seat of our life and let the Lord drive us and lead us.  Oh, that we can just sit back and trust Him fully and enjoy the ride.  Oh, that we can just sit, know, and say, " There is my Heavenly Father, He is in the driver's seat and I KNOW that He has it under control and has the BEST plans in store for us!"  Oh, that we can just leave worry and concern on the side of the road and jump on board fully for where the Lord leads us... 

This is my prayer today! We are on board Lord... You lead... we follow:)

This was our first Christmas with Hope... Anna was over the moon!  

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wowzers, I remember those cheeks on that sweet baby girl! What an awesome post, love what all the Lord has done...He's writing beauty in your stories Sara! And we're excited about ALL your latest and greatest happenings! Yippee Jesus, as Linny would say ;). Miss you!