Saturday, June 11, 2011

MY SURVIVOR:)


MY GREG WITH HOPIE ON HIS BACK...


GREG WALKING THE FIRST LAP WITH THE REST OF THE SURVIVORS.... (I KNOW... NOT THE BEST PICTURE:)



THESE WERE ALL THE SURVIVORS WHO STARTED THE SURVIVOR LAP... THEY HAVE BEEN CANCER FREE FOR A YEAR OR LESS...












MY SWEET SURVIVOR WITH HIS NEWEST LITTLE GUY:) I DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN TELL, BUT HIS HAIR NEVER DID GROW BACK FULLY IN THE BACK AFTER HIS RADIATION...



A week ago we participated in the Relay For Life, a cancer walk to raise funds for the American Cancer Society. It was really special for us.



My sweet husband has been Cancer free for almost 19 years. That is absolutely crazy to me. I remember as clear as can be, when he was diagnosed just 2 1/2 months after we started dating. I remember his parents calling and telling my parents before they called me, just not sure how I would take the news. I had only met them for the first time just 3 weeks before. I remember my parents being at a marriage retreat the following weekend and hearing my mom say that when they requested prayer for Greg, that my dad just lost it... it was one of the first times she had ever seen him cry... I remember almost passing out as I watched some of the tests they did to determine what stage the cancer was in... I could go on and on and on.... all distinct but very distant memories of the battle my honey was in for his life... Wow... I can't believe all God has brought Greg through... brought us through...



What a strong and amazing man I am married to. When we first planned on getting married Greg had wanted to work for the American Cancer Society... it just never worked out that way. God had other plans for him. I was a proud wife watching him walk the survivor lap. I am always amazed at the story the Lord is writing in Greg's life... He is such a willing and humble servant... really I learn so much from him in those areas...



It was a really cool experience to be a part of the Relay for Life. Members from our church have a huge part in it. Greg had to do the opening prayer... next year we hope to be more involved or even just stay longer or even over night with the kids. I think we need to celebrate each and every bit of what the Father has brought us through... He is the great healer...



Tonight, I just want to ask you to pray for my sweet friend Mary's mom who is fighting lung cancer and our dear friends Matt and Janet and their 2 girls. He is a pastor in Illinois and is fighting Multiple Myloma and the battle is intense right now. Please pray for the Lord's healing, comfort and peace for their hearts, and His will to be done in their lives through this difficult time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, Sara! Thanks for keeping my mom in your prayers. Sweet dreams tonight, friend! love mary

Julie said...

What an amazing story you have! And you are able to share his cancer story not only with your kids but with so many others as you walk! Beautiful!