Sunday, June 5, 2011

GOD'S BEAUTY
























Louis took these pictures a few weeks back... I thought they were sooooo pretty...


I am so thankful that summer is here...


We have some History to finish up... we may be at it most of the summer if we just take a little each day...


Anna and Lou have one full day left to complete... but last week we were pretty caught up in the beginning of summer and didn't get to any of school work... tomorrow is the day ...



BUSY WEEKEND!! Friday we had the relay for life, a cancer fundraiser. I am going to do a whole post on it soon, I hope:)



Yesterday I had our first class for the GROWING LITTLE WOMEN class I am teaching at church... It is for moms and their daughters ages 6-10. We had about 20 there and oh my goodness, Anna was over the top thrilled. She was super jazzed up about it. Just seeing her excitement makes me realize all the more that I NEED to carve out that individual time for all of them.


Today we had a pot luck for anyone interested in the mission trips to Grenada next summer. Hmmmm, it sure would be nice to do a family mission trip... I am not at all sure if it will work out, but it was super exciting just to think about it. Then we all headed out to the field to watch the guys play a double header of softball. I haven't seen Greg play in a couple of years, and let me say... he is still really good, at least in my opinion:) Thank God the bleachers were shaded. It was around 98 degrees today...


We have had those crazy pantry moths in our pantry... It was driving me crazy. My mom did a super cleaning back in March when she was here, and we hadn't seen any in about a month, when all of a sudden a couple weeks ago, they got really bad... Greg and Caleb completely emptied the whole pantry and we are HOPING that this is the end of them.



Literally, I walked in the door tonight at 6 pm and crawled right into bed. That is TOTALLY uncharacteristic of me. I slept for the next couple of hours, fed the baby, and just laid there...For some reason, I felt totally overwhelmed... it was almost like I finally took a break, and the weight of the last 2 1/2 years caught up with me. I feel like after losing Samuel and the wildness of having Faith live here and having her baby that we planned on adopting die...we just kept trudging forward trusting and hoping in the Lord, (really it was more like hanging on by a thread a lot of days, and hanging on to every last shred of hope we could find:)... and now that we actually have Hope's crazy adoption in the past and have Levi here safely... it is like my heart can finally just rest.



I don't think I have ever in life experienced the intensity of emotions that I have in the past 2 1/2 years. I am ready for some coasting (emotional wise) and just enjoying this life God has given us... I think that my bad sleep habits don't help either. I am determined to get myself to bed earlier....that is one huge goal for summer. It has already gotten somewhat better.



The weird thing is that there are a lot of things going on for my husband that make me wonder if a resting period is even in place for us... I could easily see big changes in the future that would involve not a whole lot of "rest" for anyone in this house... We have been praying BIG TIME about A LOT of things. I know God can and will work it all out according to His plans, that gives my heart peace, but man I just pray He guides Greg and makes the way SUPER clear...




With that said, I am going to hit the hay... I am super tired, but super thankful... thankful for the lives of each member of my family... thankful for the rest my soul can find in HIM<><

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! Did you know that we are into our 3rd week of Growing Little Women Bible study with 8 other moms? Do you remember when we bought that book together in Dallas? God so put it on my heart to make it happen this summer and I am praising God that you are too! Ella and Sophie love it and their time with me -- I know Anna does too. We are so on the same wavelength! Love you and enjoyed talking to you on Sat! love mary

Anonymous said...

hi sara.....loved the post. i totally get the idea of finally being able to rest. i think all of us go through those overwhelming times in our lives, and then, finally, we see the end and can rest. even if it may be for a short time! and through it all, i love to witness your never failing trust and faith in God. what an inspiration you are (even though in your humbleness i know you yourself don't always see yourself in that way). i see it, though.
and tell louis i loved his flower photos. i just took one of my first peony that bloomed today!!
connie

Ebe said...

I love these pictures. They're beautiful.

Hmm... what is God doing in your lives? I'm excited to hear...

love you!
ebe