Sunday, May 1, 2011

THE WEEKEND...

SWEET JOJO HEADING TO THE HOMESCHOOL CONFERENCE...


I KNOW THIS PICTURE LOU TOOK IS BLURRY... BUT OH, HE LOOKS SO SWEET...I LOVE THOSE BLUE EYES...


WE HAD A SERIOUS THUNDERSTORM TODAY... AND THIS IS THE HAIL IT BLEW ONTO OUR BACK PORCH... I HAVE NEVER SEEN HAIL ANY WHERE ELSE, LIKE WE SEE HERE IN OKLAHOMA...


THIS IS HOW I SPENT THE MAJORITY OF MY SUNDAY AFTERNOON... AND IT WAS DELIGHTFUL!!!




On Friday and Saturday we had the homeschool conference in town... I have always wanted to take the whole family. Really it isn't Greg's thing at all, but he came because he knew it would make me happy. We went to a couple of different workshops and hit the vendor hall. I usually always try to buy all of my books for the following year... I love having that out of the way. I loved talking with Tracy, my now blog in real life friend, who helps to organize the Oklahoma homeschool conferences. She is amazing! I am always so thankful for people who do all that work so people like me, and our family, can benefit from it.




Another highlight was taking the kids to Gengis Grill, a mongolian stir fry place where you pick out all your foods and they fry it on the big grill. It was really fun and the kids loved it!




Yesterday, I took Levi, Jojo, and Anna back to the conf. Last year just Jojo went with me and on the way home we had gotten him his first Gyro. This year the convention hall actually has a Greek Restaurant in it. I told Anna and Jo that maybe we could get a Gyro for lunch... Jojo said, "That would be like a slice of Heaven!" He is such a goof ball, but makes me smile so much!




Levi woke up yesterday with a little cough, but it was getting a little worse as the day progressed. By the time we got home it sounded pretty tight in his chest. So around 10:30pm Louis and I took him to the ER. I just knew if we stayed home, the cough would probably get worse during the night, that is the way it usually goes around here with coughs... always worse after midnight. I was just worried that maybe he had RSV. They got us right in and diagnosed him with an upper respitory infection and sent us on our way. It was just a relief to me to have gone and have him looked at. He is so much better today... Thank God!




After a baptismal luncheon for a family at church today, we came home and totally relaxed. It was such a nice afternoon. I told Greg, it was perfect... hours of just hanging out on the couch cuddling my baby and the rest of the kids. The weather was rotten, cold and rainy, so there was no pull to go out and get some much needed yard and garden work done. It will have to wait for sunnier weather.




It was such a treat to be able to have the afternoon to just enjoy each other.


Gearing up for another busy week:)








2 comments:

Tonya said...

Those pictures are precious, of Levi & JoJo. I especially love the one of you & Levi snuggling. What a wonderful feeling. I miss those days already! Matthew is too busy to just snuggle most of the time. So glad Levi is better & didn't have rsv! I will be honored to release a balloon for Samuel on Sat.

Love & miss you!
Tonya

Ella said...

Those pictures are so cute Aunt Sara! Levi's eyes look so blue :) We're hoping to be able to come down in the beginning of June for about a week. We're not totally sure yet though. Tell everyone that we miss them and love them like crazy!!! LOVE YOU TONS <3
-Ella