Friday, April 30, 2010

A DAY AT THE PARK:)

LOU AND CARLOTTA
ANNA AND MEME


THE SAME TWO LITTLE TURKEYS GOOFING OFF



JOJO AND LILY... I JUST DIG HER LITTLE COWBOY BOOTS... AND JOJO, WHAT A SNUGGLER!

ME AND MY HONEY
Last weekend we had lunch with our friends the Tiews... We got to meet their new dog Sarge. We even walked around Utica Square... the trendy, shopping area here... I am so not trendy, but it was really fun:) Then we headed over to Woodward Park. The flowers were gorgeous. There were 8 million kids there with their prom dates... it was a bit sad, but funny (is that mean??) that they got stuck in the rain taking pictures... so did we, but we were just in our grubby clothes. We had such a nice time.
Last night my honey and I had a date... YEP, stop the presses! It was wonderful. We had a gift certificate that we got last August and finally used it. It was such a treat. The kids did great and even said when we called on the way home, that we should stay out as long as we wanted. It was an absolute delight. Truly, Greg had worked every night, but last night, for the last 3 weeks. It is crucial for me that we get to have some "us time" I never used to be that way at all, but since Samuel died, I don't do real well if I am not feeling connected to him. It could just be a walk around the neighborhood and I would be happy with that. I am not hard to please that way... But I won't lie, going to the Steakhouse was a total over the top treat for us. I was so thankful that we were able to get out, just the 2 of us this week. I love sitting across from Greg and having His undivided attention and uninterrupted conversation for a little bit. It was wonderful!
I will try to post tomorrow about my trip to the home school conference and meeting another real life blog friend. Such a treat!






2 comments:

Becky said...

Precious, beautiful pictures!

Tonya said...

OK. I.LOVE.YOUR.SHORT.HAIR. And Anna's, too!!! And that is a GREAT picture of you and Greg!!! I'm so glad you had a great date night! They are so important but don't happen enough in my house.

Love to you all!
Tonya