Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SAYING GOODBYE... MORE LIKE SEE YOU SOON:)

JOJO THE UNICORN... ALL TUCKERED OUT.



ANNA AND MEREDITH, THE BOTTOMS GRANDDAUGHTER HAVING A SLEEP OVER... THESE TWO ARE 2 PEAS IN A POD.


CALEB WITH ONE OF THE BUNNIES AT THE BARN SALE

AT GRANDMA AND GRANDPA BOTTOMS.





We had a busy week last week with all of my friends here... by the way... I am still sad that they are gone, but so thankful for the time we had together.


Last week before our company arrived the kids and I had gone out to the Bottoms to help her cook for the barn sale that they had just this past weekend. She was going to do all of the concessions while the auction of all of the house and barn stuff was going on. I have never seen a more efficient person in the kitchen. I think we baked 4 cakes, 10 dozen cookies, and 2 pans of brownies. I have learned so many things from her in the kitchen.
The boys helped them with some outdoor stuff, and she and I cleaned out one of her deep freezes which in turn ended up blessing us with many coolers of food to take home. I was even able to make prime rib for my girlfriends. They all laughed that I went out and bought such a great cut of meat just for them. It was such a treat for all of us. Honestly, it was the first prime rib I have had and it was amazing:)
Greg and the kids went out all day Friday to help get ready for the auction the next day. The big boys slept over and got up early to help with the concessions on sale day. I have to tell you, when I arrived at the sale later that afternoon and saw all of the cars and people... I felt sick to my stomach. It was a bit rough for me... I can't imagine how it was for them. They are the most generous people... so incredibly hospitable.
Their granddaughter ended up sleeping over, so when I went back to drop her off I got a chance to tell Deena how much I appreciate them taking us under their wing this past year, during such a hard time for us. Their home here was amazing, but really they are what make their place so special and such a fun place to be. We have loved spending time with them. We will miss them so much. It was not an easy goodbye. We are so thankful that they will still need to come back up... or we can always go see them... Her daughter said we can come anytime. Actually it would be on the way if we go to Houston. When the kids heard that... they said can we try to see them twice a month... I love kids view on time... We feel so blessed to have had our time here in Oklahoma over lap with theirs for 1 year... God was good to have them here for us.

1 comment:

Shaun and Courtney said...

Sara -

I just wanted to let you know how blessed I have been to read your story of heartache and hope. My husband and I said hello and goodbye to our firstborn son on May 17th, much like you lost your Samuel. Your courage to live and grieve simultaneously and to hold on tight to God's promises have helped heal my heart. Thank you...for your honesty...for not sweeping over your hurt with Christian cliches...for your trust in the Lord. Praying for you, sister...

With Love,
Courtney