Monday, November 9, 2009

THE COOK OFF IN CAJUN COUNTRY

GREG'S AUNT, COUSIN CAME OVER FROM TEXAS FOR THE COOK OFF.
THAT WAS SO NICE OF THEM, IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THEM, AND CAN I SAY ORGANIZED???? SHE CAME WITH ALL OF OUR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS:) AMAZING, I AM PRETTY SURE I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED TO SHOP...YIKES! ANYWAYS, HERE THEY ARE WITH CALEB
EATING CHILI...YUM
THEY SERVE SPICY CHILI THERE IN CAJUN COUNTRY:)

JOJO IN THE JUPITER JUMP
ANNA AND JO IN FRONT OF ALL OF THE KAYAKS PEOPLE COULD TRY OUT ON THE NEIGHBORHOOD POND... THAT WAS REALLY FUN.


SOME OF THE TENTS



THE BAND THAT CAME TO PLAY




The weather couldn't have been more perfect. It was an incredibly short trip for us, but so worth it. The 9 hour drive with the kids went great. On the way down, we only stopped once, I couldn't believe it. After doing the Texas to Wisconsin drive so many times, 9 hours was not bad at all for the kids. I don't want to toot my own horn, but really my kids are great travelers.
Can I just say, I loved Louisiana. Blake and Ryane live in the cutest neighborhood. Ryane did an amazing job organizing it all. It was just a fun day. There were lots of fun things for everyone to do. I think the kids favorite was the kayaks. I got to judge the chilis... now that was hard, I liked them all.
Really, my heart just overflows that Ryane would do all of that in honor of Samuel. She raised over $5000 for Shaohannah's hope in Samuel's name. Can I just tell you how that makes this mama feel? I know my son's life has made a HUGE, forever life changing, impact on our lives... but to know now that it will have made the difference in some one else's life just warms my heart. Shaohannah's Hope will use that money to help orphans be placed in their forever families. As we wait for that ourselves, and know the cost associated with that, we know that will be a blessing to those families. We are just thrilled.
Thank you Ryane and Blake for hosting us and for all you did to put the cook off together... for blessing Shaohannah's Hope with your gift, and for cherishing Samuel's life with us.
We love you guys! We would love an Oklahoma visit anytime:)

1 comment:

Becky said...

This looks awesome! What a blessing that had to have been, getting to experience all of that in Samuel's honor. I have only met Ryane once briefly, but seeing all of this makes me love that girl's heart!!!!