Saturday, June 14, 2014

MEND Chicagoland opens its doors...

About a week ago I mentioned a God appointment that my Dallas MEND friends and I experienced while exploring Chicago... 

Today I just want to mention a bit about MEND Chicagoland's first meeting... 
Today I spoke with a grandma that had attended last weeks meeting...
Her daughter is just weeks out from losing a baby at full term...

At MEND we always end our meetings by mentioning anything positive that may have come from the life of the baby/babies that we lost...

Sometimes it may take months before someone might be able to sincerely feel something positive... we always let mom's know that is totally normal... 

While I love giving support, care and compassion to grieving mamas... I too love this part of the meeting... 

I have ALWAYS said, "Lord, do not waste this pain that I am feeling!"  And it is a gift to me to hear anything positive that might come out of someone else's loss as well... God is so very faithful to bring those good things to light in time...

This morning I was given one of those little gifts of how last weeks meeting already made a difference in someone's life... Even through the loss of her little baby boy God is giving focus and new direction to this young mom's life who attended last week... I am grateful that God will use MEND here in Chicago...

Last week we were blessed to have 14 people present for our first meeting... Not a big crowd, but nice for sharing... I am so thankful that MEND is in the Lord's hands and that He can use and speak words of comfort and care to these hurting mamas through us:)  

The view from the sky deck at Willis tower... We had the weirdest rain and fog just over parts of the city that day...


The bean at Millenium park... really cool!

Up in the Willis tower on the ledge... 103 floors is HIGH when there is only a 1 1/2 inch piece of glass between you and the concrete 103 stories below... It is quite a beautiful view though:)

The Dallas MEND ladies and I at Millenium Park... 



No comments: