Saturday, February 8, 2014

Remembering the day...


Remembering the day... 
We discovered and visited a brand new orphanage to us...
23 sweet adoptable toddlers... be still my heart... Have you ever seen anything so beautiful??


Remembering the day... 
They immediately clamored up in my lab and cuddled around me to show me love... and to receive a tender loving touch... It wasn't long and 2 were fast asleep...


Remembering the day... 
Those beautiful deep dark eyes looked right into and stole my heart... 
What a beauty!!


Remembering the day...  
Love took on flesh for the orphans of Uganda whether it was through hugs, special talks or letting little hands play continually with your hair...
They were hilarious...


Remembering the day...
We got loads of giggles when a sweet precious little one cuddled up fast asleep next to Caleb...So content... so relaxed... so much so that she tinkled on the couch and it ran right down the angled couch cushion and soaked Emma's skirt through and through... She literally had to wring it out...

I am so thankful for the precious life the Lord has given me here in the states... 
But my heart is literally in two places... 
I love those people...
I love that country...
And my heart has been deeply blessed by every single second I got to spend with the precious kids in Uganda... 

It is hard to believe that just 3 weeks ago we were driving those red dirt roads of Uganda... it seems impossible... What a gift to have the opportunity to share such a special trip with my boys...

1 comment:

Kim Thompson said...

How did I miss this!? It must have been before we arrived!! Oh! Such precious faces!! I am with you, Sara, so torn, living here but part of my heart is still in Uganda....xo