Monday, February 3, 2014

A new MEND chapter starting near you...

I am so very excited to share with you all that I was approved to start a new chapter of MEND (Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death) in the Chicagoland area.

I have always felt a stirring in my heart that if we ever moved that the Lord might open up the doors for me to start a new MEND infant loss support group wherever He might place us...

After we moved... each time I got a new MEND newsletter I could feel God working on me.  I knew that certainly He was leading me to take the next step and actually get one up and running here. 

I am super excited to head to Dallas this next week for our annual leadership conference.  I have lots of loose ends to tie up with Uganda... like loads of Thank yous... and then I know I will have more time to truly focus on getting MEND rolling here.  I am hoping that we can start meeting later in the Spring or in early summer. 

If you are in the Chicagoland area and want to be a part of our new infant loss support group through either helping or just attending, email me at hintzmom27@yahoo.com  and I can give you more information:) 

I am so thankful that the Lord has opened up this door for me.  After grieving the loss of Samuel in a brand new city... He burdened me for people who have suffered a loss and don't necessarily have a great support system in place.  Even if you have excellent support, unless someone has lived through the loss of a baby, most people truly just don't understand all that goes into grieving, recovering from and healing from a loss like that.  (I just met with a new mom yesterday, who lost her baby girl 6 weeks prior... my heart hurts for her deeply today... that fresh grief is SO HARD, and it only reconfirmed in my heart the blessing MEND is to hurting moms.)

While I NEVER wished to be a part of this baby loss community, I know first hand that MEND Tulsa was a lifeline for me in my first year after Samuel's death.  Truly, I am not sure I would have survived it with out MEND, and of course my faith... but having those other women who understood my pain, in the flesh to walk along side of me was a HUGE blessing. 

I am so looking forward to coming along side of hurting families in the Chicagoland area and offering them  support and Hope during their times of loss and sorrow.  Let me know if any of you have any questions... I love sharing about MEND, their mission, and how we can help those who have suffered the loss of a baby...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Sara that is so exciting!!! I just know you will do a marvelous job! You have been such a comfort and support to me and you truly have the gift of encouragement! I am so excited for you and the women you will minister to! I am wondering if you will be allowed to share your faith? Our Mend group is lead by a very sweet Jewish lady at a local temple but faith is very vague and Jesus is nonexistiant. Just curious if that is all Mend or just LA? We'll I will be praying for you in this new start this new ministry!