Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What a day...

UPDATE!!!
Wow... I am blown away... our precious friends who I mentioned in the post below asking for prayers for them got a beautiful answer to their prayers...  God showed up big time and answered our prayers in an even better way than I had been praying for... It looks like this little girl WILL indeed be a part of their future!  We are rejoicing with them and praising God for His faithfulness!  Such an answer to so many prayers... there was cheering in this house! 


Today has been a good day...

I received answers today to two HUGE prayer requests and my heart literally rejoices over both... our God has been so faithful to provide in ways that knock my socks off over and over again...

I am so grateful and I DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED! 
(Hopefully I can find time to share about one of the answers coming up soon...)

Yet at the same time... my heart is heavy at the same time.

We have dear friends who are in the process of adopting...
I have said over and over again, that adoption is not for the faint of heart...
But this precious family has loved and cared for this precious little bundle for the last 9 weeks...
And they will hopefully have some answers to the what if's within the next couple of days.

I will never forget how my heart was on the line with Hope... 6 months of tucking her in at night , standing at her bedside wondering, if I was playing house, so to speak, or if she really would remain "ours" forever. 

It is a delicate balance of loving them fully, while you have them with you, because that is really what each child deserves... but knowing that you are giving your heart away piece by piece and it is going to hurt more than you can think imagine if things don't go the way we are hoping. 

Even amidst the craziness, stress,  and pain of the adoption process, it is so worth it!  Hard, but so worth it!

So while God was so faithful to answer my prayers today and I rejoice in that... my heart is also hurting for these friends.  Countless prayers are being raised on their behalf... Will you join me in praying?

3 comments:

KerriLynne said...

I am praying for them, too.

Becky said...

Amazing how low and high a person can go all in one day, one hour even. We thought we'd lose the baby, and then a phone call to say that she'll be ours! Thank you for the prayers! God worked a miracle tonight sweet friend, thanks for sharing in the details with us. We love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Praying too.