Thursday, November 7, 2013

Our loss... Heaven's gain...

Yesterday while picking up diapers after Louis got his temporary license... I got a text from my niece Ella... "Did you hear about Alicia?" 
 
Immediately, I knew... I knew she had gone to her real home Heaven... I don't know how I knew... but I did...
 
You see Alicia had Cystic Fibrosis, a deadly lung disease.  We met last year when we were both a part of the GO team serving in Uganda.  Right away when I heard she had CF she held a special place in my heart. 
 
Levi's donor dad Ryan died early due to that very disease... Ryan's memory is so special to us so I immediately felt a special connection to Alicia.  We were so blessed to also have her parents on that trip as well...  A beautiful family indeed...
 
 
 
This is a photo of the GO Team from last January 2013...
 
Alicia right below me in the black t-shirt and her sweet parents to the left of me in the picture above...
 
 
This is a picture from our trip of 2 amazing young girls Emma and Alicia (both in their early 20's)
 
 Emma is serving in Uganda as a full time missionary.  Alicia had gone on 2 short term trips with International Voice of the Orphan and and then last June made the decision, despite her poor health, to to go serve there for a longer period of time. Alicia was a nurse and was using her education to help the orphans in Uganda all the while suffering just to breath fully.  I was and am still so touched by seeing these young women on fire for the Lord and following the Lord's call on their life to go and serve.   
 
 I love this picture of Alicia.  this was taken during our time with the street boys in the slums of Kampala!  She had such a beautiful heart and she always served with great joy. 
 
 
She was an amazing young lady... such an inspiration to me.
I can not wait to see her again in Heaven...
 
Go check out her blog about her time in Uganda and read the touching post her sister posted for Alicia about her last few days on this earth... I was absolutely blown away by the miracle she posted that the Lord did for Alicia the day before she died.  Oh it did my heart so much good to actually hear about the last few days for her.  I know that might sound strange... but please take the time to go read about it for yourself... 
http://aliciainuganda.blogspot.be/2013/11/she-finished-well.html  you will not be disappointed... He is so faithful!
As a parent with a child in heaven my heart has been aching literally for her precious parents Cindy and John...
 
Please rejoice with us that Alicia is home safe and sound in Heaven with a perfect whole body...
Please be in prayer for her parents, sisters, friends, and special Ugandan friend Sammy...
 
May Alicia's story inspire us all to make every breath count for the Savior... and to not take this life for granted... 
 
Much love friends...

No comments: