Thursday, November 14, 2013

Our plans...


Last year at this time I literally was thinking... (honestly the morning we got the amazing call about Isaiah being born)... that there was NO WAY a birth mom would choose our family... why would she when we already had a little crew...

But God's plans are so not ours... His ways so not our ways... His thoughts not our thoughts...

His ways are so much better...

Ultimately His ways are perfect for us... even when they may not seem anywhere near perfect in our eyes...

And then out of no where... the call... some precious lady was choosing us... choosing us to raise that sweet little man in the middle in the picture above...

We are forever grateful and in awe of God's plans being revealed for our family...

So not what we would have imagined 20 years ago...

Greg and I had agreed to 4 children...

Here we are with 8... one in heaven... 4 living from my womb... 2 from the wombs of some of the most unselfish women I have ever met... and one not mine biologically mine, but that I miraculously had the amazing experience of growing within me and birthing just like my oldest 5 children...

There are so many days that when we hope and dream about the future we can not help but recall the past... So many experiences I never would have dreamt up... but the one thing that has remained through it all is the faithfulness of our Heavenly Father.  

So thankful that even though we don't know what the future holds for our family... We know WHO holds the future... It is so much better in our Heavenly Father's hands....


No comments: