Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The one thing that matters most... Part 1


 
Beautiful Mama Praise





All pictures taken at Praise Home January 2013
 
When I think of Praise's Home and our time there in Uganda... I barely know where to start...
 
That literally was the place where my heart was broken for the things that break our Father's heart... As a mom myself, I was brought to the end of myself by the reality of how harsh life is for some children... Oh how I wanted to scoop them up and make it all better...
 
That literally was a place where a piece of my heart was stolen... (haven't gotten that piece back yet!!!)
 
What a beautiful precious place, filled with amazing kids all orphaned for one reason or another...
 
I believe when we were at Praise's home she was caring for 30 children...
I believe the number now stands at 36 children...  Can you imagine... 36 kids... Praise is an amazing gift to those kids...
 
International Voice of the Orphan (IVO) took on the mission to build Praise a new home... (her current home at the time was leaking terribly when it rained and was allowing rats in at night that would chew on the kids feet) I believe the finishing touches are coming together in the building process on that house and now they want to make her house a home for these 36 kids... They want to fill it with bunk beds, mattresses, (as you can see from the picture above they are in new of new beds and mattresses) a dining room table, individual care kits for the kids, mosquito nets, shelves, chairs, couches, etc.  When I read Emma's blog that you can find here www.emonamission.blogspot.com  about helping to get these kids and Praise these much needed items, I knew I had to read the post to the kids at dinner....
 
What happened next made me overjoyed, humbled, even made me question my parenting... and I can't wait to share it with you.... stay tuned...

1 comment:

Becky said...

Please oh please don't keep us hanging!! I love your heart for the orphan, I love how Africa connects you to Samuel, and I love that God's definitely not DONE with using your passionate heart ;). So happy for Praise's kids, how joyous you all must be!! I'm loving your other blog posts too :). Love you friend!