Monday, September 23, 2013

CAMP ARCADIA

 
THIS WAS TAKEN IN SOUTH HAVEN MICHIGAN... OH MY GOODNESS... MICHIGAN IS BEAUTIFUL AND I NEVER KNEW IT!:)

 
THE INN WE STAYED IN, AT CAMP ARCADIA!
 
FREEZING OUR BUMS OFF RIGHT ON THE SHORES OF LAKE MICHIGAN...

 
 
LAKE MICHIGAN GIVES YOU SOME BEAUTIFUL SUNSETS THAT IS FOR SURE.  THE WAVES CRASHING ON THE SHORE WERE SO PEACEFUL AND THE SETTING THERE IS DOWNRIGHT GORGEOUS!  
 
Tonight I am thanking God for His safety and protection while I was away from Greg and the kids.  It was an absolutely delightful time. 
 
Camp Arcadia is so beautiful, the setting in unreal... right on the shores of Lake Michigan...
 
I went to school right on Lake Michigan, on the Wisconsin side, and it was beautiful... but being able to see it, experience it, and appreciate it as an adult is a whole new ball game. 
 
I was so blessed to be there with 7 other women from our new church and it was such a treat and blessing for me to get to know each of them better.  It really was a special time and I am so very grateful that I had the opportunity to go with them.  It was a great time of growing in our faiths, drawing near to our Father, and to do it together was precious to me...
 
The main speaker was so precious.  She was African American... and I couldn't help but think of my hopie while I was listening to her.  It gave me such a sweet spot in my heart for her and a precious time of thinking of all the ways that God has gifted Hope, with her spicy spunky personality, and how the Lord is going to use that in her life.  The speaker's name was Monique Nunez and she was transparent, honest, hilarious, and challenged us in our walk with our Savior... I loved her... I couldn't help but when I saw her in the bathroom, give her a big hug and declare, "You are just precious!"  She probably thought I was nuts... She even led an exercise class that had me in stitches a lot of the time:)
 
I am so thankful to be back safe and sound... This morning was rough getting things rolling with school... but we got through it and I am really excited for the rest of the week... the weather is gorgeous here... I think it will be homeschooling in the great outdoors this week...  (We may need to keep the bee bee gun with us... today we had a coyote watching us out back for a long while as we schooled... he was harmless, but seemed a little too comfortable with us in my opinion....)
 
Never a dull moment around here that is for sure!:)
 


No comments: