Wednesday, November 30, 2011

SO THANKFUL...


Tonight I have so much to be thankful for...

That the Lord's plans are better than mine own...

That the kids and I will hopefully have company on Christmas Eve... (my sweet young friend Katie is planning on joining us for IHOP, fondue and a movie at home, while G works)...

An incredible extended family who is so much fun to be around...

A sweet oldest son who greeted me with a homemade peppermint cappachino yesterday morning...

A loving husband who is so patient to continually support me...

That amidst so many divorces of people we know that the Lord is knitting G and I closer together... He is my companion... that we are in this for the LONG haul... and I couldn't be happier about it...

A faithful God who softens my heart towards others and shows me where I need refining while I pray...

A big white van that has more than enough space for us all...

A precious miracle baby boy in my arms who loves to snuggle...

The gift of all of my children who challenge me daily, make me rely on my Lord more and more with each passing day, yet melt my heart with their tenderness and willingness to help here at home...

A home that STILL feels huge compared to the small apartment we lived in for 2 years at the seminary...

Precious friends who will never forget about the boy I have waiting for me in Heaven and who aren't afraid to talk about him, or mention his name...

That God sees the BIGGER picture...

That God has plans for our family and that I can trust in His will for our family and rest assured that regardless of how I feel at times... He has it fully under control and I can fully trust Him...

That even amidst uncertainty we can be certain that the Lord has us in His hand and that all we experience has been filtered through his hands...

For the Bible Study I am doing on Sunday mornings... and for the fire that He is fanning into flame inside of me... I just love this study...

For the blog of an  amazing friend that continually challenges us to put our faith into action...  I am so excited to see what God may have in store for our family with little things He lays on our hearts...

GOD YOU ARE SO GOOD TO ME... I AM OVERCOME BY YOUR FAITHFULNESS... LORD I SURRENDER MY PLANS... I REST IN YOUR PLANS FOR OUR FAMILY... GIVE US PATIENCE LORD AS YOU WORK IN US AND AROUND US... USE US LORD HOWEVER AND WHEREVER YOU SEE FIT...




1 comment:

Tonya said...

And I am thankful for you! I love and miss you! (((HUGS)))