Kaliyah is giving the thumbs up even though we are still pretty much "stuck" in AZ for paperwork to clear...
The sad part is it has to clear 3 states and it just went to the first today... We have had rights terminated for 10 days and we are still at step one...
It has to clear Alabama, then Arizona, then Illinois, before we can come home. And it looks like it because it had to clear a third state and there was a little glitch in that process, it may cost a bit more... Erggggg.... We are praying that the Lawyer in Alabama is gracious to us...
I have an out of town friend coming to my town to see the baby and I in Chicago next week Wednesday!!! Please pray that our paperwork starts to move really quickly so that we don't have to change flights and make different plans..
Our friends have been so good to keep us all here so long... 2 weeks 2 days and counting... They have been a literal Godsend, displacing their own kids from rooms and beds so that I could stay with the baby. Anna and Jojo stayed as well so that we could be working on school and not falling behind at all.
God knows exactly the time that we are supposed to go back home to IL... So we are trusting in His great plans for our family!
We would love for you to pray that God miraculously would pass our paperwork through the officer of that state so that we can start getting this thing moving forward each day:)
UPDATE AS OF 2:00 PM TODAY:
Alabama called and wants our birth mom to go in and meet with a social worker to go over history and make sure everything was done right... then God willing they will work through the paperwork.
That means having to get a homeless gal, who doesn't own a car, down to some government office for a meeting... in a timely manner... because all is on hold until this meeting happens.
I feel horrible for her... This should be a time of healing for her (maybe even a fresh start), not a time to rehash all the details of a very difficult situation in her life. I sort of have a bad feeling about it... Our birth mom is being great and is willing to do anything to help get us on the road home with Kaliyah... My prayer is that it happens quickly, that they can meet with her in a timely manner and more importantly that she has peace in her heart through it all.