Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Only God...

I want to share with you the sweet blessing the Lord brought our way last week when we had to take Levi to the dentist...

Only the Lord could orchestrate the encounter we had while there.  It amazes me how He cares about the intimate tiny details of our lives and then shows off by how creatively and surprisingly He can weave our lives together with others. 

Previously, I had mentioned to the dentist about Levi's history about being an adopted embryo... I thought maybe there was some chance that could come into play with him having these cavities...

That was one of the reasons I mentioned it... and the biggest reason is that...

I wanedt them to see and realize that this little life in front of them is a miracle...frozen for 5 years, thawed and was given life again!  Our precious snowflake baby Levi!

So in we walk and right away the dentist introduces us to her assistant... then the first words out of her mouth...

"You are never going to believe this!!  This is ________ , she is our new assistant... and I mentioned to her Levi's neat start to life..."  "She also happens to be the very first women in all of Illinois to adopt frozen embryos, conceive and carry them to term... 14 years ago:)

This was big news 14 years ago... She now has twin age teenagers:) Their case made the news and was followed for years by researchers...

I almost fell over... We laughed about how strangely some people react when they hear about how your child came to be... I can only imagine how wild embryo adoption sounded 14 years ago...

It was crazy that out of all of Illinois here we would be in the same room at the same time with the mom to the first ever successful embryo adopted babies in this state! Only God could make that happen...

In between the dental work, we shared bits and pieces of our stories with one another... What had brought each of us to the point of considering embryo adoption.  She is only now joining the work force again full time due to some difficult circumstances in her life...

I am praying that even now in the midst of some harder times for her that somehow the Lord will use our lives to minister to her in some small way... I know we will be back in there  a few times in the coming months... and many more in the years to come...

It was so sweet and surprising of the Lord to allow our paths to cross... I know the Lord doesn't waste any of our hurt and will use it, especially when we let him... Praying that He uses our precious snowflake baby in ways that I can't even think of or see right now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing meet up!
I hope Levi isn't in much pain and is getting lots of soothing ice cream to help his gums ;o)
I hope you're feeling settled in your new home and that school planning has been going well.
X