Monday, August 26, 2013

My girls heart...

(Anna with her buddy Isaiah, Zader the tator... as he is affectionately called around here)
 
While the appearance on the outside of my Anna has changed more and more with each passing year...
 
The sweet heart of my Anna hasn't changed much...
 
That tender, affectionate, shamelessly loving side of her bursts out of her today the same way it did nearly 5 years ago when she finally got to see Samuel face to face...
 
She and I were talking about it the other day... how she would have held him all day... it was hard to share him... we all knew our time would be so short... And it was... We only had him with us for nearly 5 hours...
 
And as quickly as he came into the world, after just a few pushes... he was gone...
 
I will NEVER forget handing him to Greg, who handed him to the nurse, who ever so gently laid him in the bassinet, covered him with this paper cloth, and headed out the door... The nurse was so gentle... ( I loved that about her)
 
I will NEVER forget Anna's fearless love for him... and how she just laid that kiss smack dab on Samuel's lips... She wasn't super gentle... pure, heartfelt, deep love for her baby brother! ( I loved that about her!)
 
She is the same now... A mommy's helper, baby lover... she has a way with Levi and Isaiah that warms my heart... they love her so much!  The feeling is quite mutual. 

 
She was a gift to me then... and even more so now!
 
 
(Anna with her little brother, Samuel, 10/30/2008)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh tears...that is just the most precious pictures, so very moving. What a blessing to have a little lady with a mommy's heart. I love how Shayla talks of Jonathan and kisses his picture. What a blessing that you will always have those sweet memories to share with your daughter.