Friday, April 26, 2013

So grateful for them...

These two young men are growing up WAY TOO QUICKLY!


Spending 2 weeks with them in Uganda opened up my eyes in new ways as to how the Lord has gifted and blessed them...


Louis... loving on those kids with reckless abandon...
proclaiming at the top of his lungs, "I love Jesus!!!"  While dressing a room full of kiddos at the baby home... And the parroting kids declared loudly back, "I love Jesus!!!"
The tears that flowed saying goodbye to those ones that were extra special to him.
His gift is to love, talk, engage, show compassion to... I could go on and on... He is a social bug and a very funny guy... very much a people person...


Caleb, the serious thinker... calmly and quietly receiving the hand of a former little street boy in His as we walked the 2 miles to church one morning.
Lovingly feeding babies whose pants were soiled through and through... never batting an eye...
Getting right in there, playing soccer with 3 different groups of former street boys...
I will never forget the little boy who latched onto Caleb big time ... he was really too old to be held but would not let Caleb put him down and Caleb just held him and held him.
My hard working brink laying boy...

I can not tell you how proud I am of them.

They work so hard taking turns each week, one going early with Greg to work on Sunday mornings up at church, mowing lawns in the neighborhood, ministering to orphans and street boys in Uganda... working for a neighbor each week (in fact they are both getting up at 5:15 in the morning tomorrow to help out a neighbor...

 I know that leaving our home now for a new city in just a few short weeks is not easy for them.  It is probably hardest on them.  And we had a few rough days of sadness, worry, and anxiousness in the beginning.  But now, they have chosen to embrace it!  I know that they will miss their friends and youth group A LOT... But they have had a great attitude about it and I really appreciate that.  I know that there will be bumps a long the way...but I am so thankful for their willingness to go where God wants their dad and also where he wants them to serve as well.  I am so thankful for these great young men:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh they sound like Amazing young men a true testimony to you, your husband and Jesus! I will be praying the transition goes easy for them and they make new friends quickly:)