Thursday, September 23, 2010

IT DOESN'T MATTER...:)

ANNA ON CHRISTMAS DAY 2007
IT DOESN'T MATTER...


WHAT COLOR YOUR SKIN IS...






WHEN YOU ARE SISTERS....:)








A short little story here...


Christmas was different when we were at the seminary, living on only what I made teaching my childbirth classes, Greg's very part time job at the seminary cafeteria, and the extreme generosity of friends, and loved ones...





We had a campus re-sell it shop. We found great deals here all through out the year... but at Christmas they had a morning where they put out all that they had stockpiled through out the year. Anytime they got a gift that was actually new or in really good condition they put it aside for this morning. In the early hours on that Saturday in December, you could go down to the
re-sell it shop and pick out one toy per child in your family. It was awesome.





I think it was our second year there and I stumbled upon this precious little black baby doll and I knew that was the gift for Anna. You see, I had a little black baby doll when I was little and it was one of my favorites.





Some of my friends sort of laughed when I picked it out. I really didn't think anything of it... I just thought it was precious. I did wonder a little what Anna would think of it.





The absolute best thing about it was that when Anna opened that present on Christmas morning... she just snuggled that baby doll and truly she didn't even notice what color it was. We actually had to point it out to her at some point...





She named that dolly SCHNOOKEMS... and she is SCHNOOKEMS to this day:)











8 comments:

mom2many said...

I love it!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great post...and adorable pictures...

Christa said...

Loved this post. I had a black baby doll as a kid too. I loved him so much!

Bethany said...

Love it!!

Unknown said...

SO PRECIOUS FRIEND! They are both little angels!

Cecilia said...

They are so cute together!

Side note, I picked out a black cabbage patch doll as a child. Loved that doll!

Tonya said...

I LOVE IT! It really doesn't matter the color. Love is what counts! Love, love, love the pictures! Hope you were able to celebrate your birthday last night! Thinking of you and praying for you...hoping things are going well!

Love,
Tonya

Louie said...

Mom I like the 2nd and 4th picture.
Louis