Sunday, October 14, 2007

PIZELLES AND PASSING ON THE FAITH

ANNA AND JO ENJOYING MYRA AND MARLENE'S PIZELLES


WE ARE PASSING ON THE FAITH TO THESE 4 BLESSINGS


I am so blessed and fortunate to be able to attend a seminary wives bible study twice a month at a lovely woman's house. Her name is Myra. One week she leads us in a Mothers study and then 2 weeks later the study is on the topic of being a Godly wife. She is just awesome, so humble, so truthful, so forthright, so grounded in God. I just love it, she has a way of speaking the truth in a loving but not sugar coated way. She will tell you straight up if you are not on the right track. I love it, she is not afraid to be honest, it is refreshing. She also has a way of saying such sensible, logical things. I am always saying, "Now that makes so much sense why didn't I think of that?" Well her sister Marlene and her 90 year old mother are in town and they made us Pizelles for a snack. They made enough to send one home for each person in all of our families. How gracious since some of us have larger families. Well the first picture above is of Anna and Jojo enjoying their pizelles. Yummy! Thanks Myra and Marlene:) I am secretly praying that Myra (well, not that secretly, because I told Myra this already) will publish her materials, it is that good. I think more women need to benefit from it.
The next picture is of all 4 of our kids with their TAG U R IT bandanas on. That was the theme of our Going family reunion 2 years ago. Do you get it? Tag you are it! The theme was passing on the Christian faith to the next generation. I don't even remember what it was, but something made us all talk about that reunion. So the kids wanted to wear their bandanas. It was great, they were wearing them all around campus. I remember when I was pregnant praying for all sorts of things for my kids. Maybe I have mentioned this before, I prayed for their health, their future spouses, a safe delivery, but the thing I prayed for most was that the precious ones I was carrying would know Jesus. So everyday we are trying to do things, talk about things, read things that will point them to their Savior Jesus. I have to say one of our favorite things is our prayer board. Every morning after we read from our family bible we pray for 4 different families that have helped us and then we pray for everyone who is on our prayer board. It has touched my heart so many times. For the last 2 weeks Louis has been the one to pray for my brother Mark who has a liver disease. He has prayed for Uncle Mark and then always says,"Lord please zap that liver disease right out of him." Uncle Mark loved that. So pass your requests our way and we will put them up on the prayer board:) Any ways, I would encourage you to pass on your faith in Jesus to all the little ones in your life!
These commandments I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
Deuteronomy 6:6-7

No comments: