Thursday, June 11, 2015

Off to Haiti...



The St. Peter Mission team to Haiti June 2015
Last Sunday Morning 24 teens and adults form St. Peter and 3 other churches left bright and early for Haiti... 

I think their smiles say it all...
They were ready to be the hands and feet of Jesus to the people of Haiti...


Some of the youngsters on the plane getting ready to take off:)  We were super excited that Louis' girlfriend was able to make the trip with the group as well... Those 2 are both in their element serving abroad...  :) 

Louis is my social media updater... I usually know that if they have Internet access, I can count on him to touch base with us back home and keep us updated on things... 


I have a feeling that they haven't had any decent Internet since the very first night...  We haven't heard a word from Caleb or Greg and... 

Louis texted me this picture the first night saying, "I am adopting him:)!!"  Totally my son!

So I can take it that they are probably all falling in love with the kids, adults, and country of Haiti...

Hopefully we will get some updates, but I always figure not news is good news... 

They had a jam packed schedule of working with a couple of orphanages, doing VBS, the women to do some women's ministry while the men built a roof for a church, as well as working on some farming in some villages... I can't wait to hear all about it when they return...

I am especially excited to hear Louis' perspective... He has felt like he would like to go into missions as a career... He has loved Uganda, loved South Dakota and the work they did on an Indian reservation there last summer, and loves doing disaster relief.  

I am so thankful that he is getting an opportunity to see another county.  While we would 100% support him heading to Africa in missions at some point, I think it is great to see another place and really surrender to what God is calling him to and where... I am praying that God is making His way for Louis clear on if missions is really what God is calling him to do and maybe even a direction that maybe he is pointing him... 

We will support him wherever God calls him... It sure is exciting...  We shall see how the Lord unfolds his plans for him and all of us:)

No comments: