Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cousin blessings... And answered prayers...



Off to Sam's, the crew and I went this morning to pick up Jojo's birthday cake... 

A first for the family, a store bought cake for one of the kids... 

The Sam's cookie cake is always what I ask for on my birthday... this after Greg's infamous lemon pudding cake he attempted for me probably our 3 year of marriage... When the recipe calls for 1/2 cup water, adding 1 1/2 cups will leave your cake a bit moist... I really appreciated the effort though:):)  

Right away we ran into a sweet congregation member who asked if he could treat the kids to ICEES? They were thrilled and definitely was a treat for them all... 
I was so blessed by this sweet man's kindness to us, especially with the extra 5 kids this week...

It is sometimes the  little things like this that go such a long way to bless my heart!

Then there are the big things that God does that sort of knock your socks off...
I have been praying for one of my sweet friends since the day we met almost 4 years ago...

God knows the hidden prayers in my heart for her for so many things and for so many reasons...
This precious friend has been through a lot and today I realized many of my prayers for her were answered.

Oh how my heart leaped for joy as I literally had to run into the laundry room to let the tears fall and gain composure before I ran back upstairs... My hearts cry for her has been answered if even in a somewhat small way for now... That I don't mind... This small answered prayer will go such a long way in surrendering to God's will and trusting in His plan for you... And I am so thankful... 

Oh how He teaches me new things and reminds me of His faithfulness, goodness and amazing love and plans for us... I am so grateful for the beautiful little things that bring a smile to my face and the wonderful answer to prayers today... Thank you Jesus! 

No comments: