Sunday, November 30, 2014

Boys will be boys...



Yesterday my brother held a charity hunt on his land...

How super convenient since he lives on the same plot of land as my parents...

So Caleb and Jojo were recruited to help them prepare for the hunt...

That meant planting 70 pheasants... 
Well, let me just say the preparing of the hunt wasn't at all what I expected... how to place the birds and such... what a wild process... 

I didn't think either boy would be game for handling all of those birds... I even made my brother ask Caleb... I thought he had a better chance of recruiting the help if he did the asking... 

I couldn't have been more wrong... my boys, who really haven't had a lot of experience with animals, rose to the occasion and thought it was fun...  

Low and behold, Caleb was the only one who didn't lose a bird when they were setting them out... 

Chalk it up to a new learning experience...  I love all the things the boys get to learn there that we would never have a chance to teach them... The joy and gift of family!

No comments: