Sunday, August 26, 2007

GOT JESUS?


The kids were thrilled when there was a package for them on our porch one day this week. Grandma and Grandpa Hintz sent these shirts for them. They immediately put them on and cruised around campus. It is so sweet to see the faith of a child. It is especially easy for all of us here because everyone living here is training to be a pastor. So it is a neat and unusual community to be living in. When will we ever be surrounded by a neighborhood of believers? I am amazed by my kids sometimes. They can remember Bible stories way better than I can. They can also memorize scripture more easily than me. I love the fact that they just can't see why someone wouldn't believe in our Savior. I know I already mentioned part of this in a previous post but when we were at the family reunion a few weeks ago my brother Mark gave testimony to God's faithfulness to him and his family during his liver illness right now. So there were 45 or so people surrounding the camp fire and we had just finished singing some praise songs. We then had a prayer time where everyone came around Mark and his family and prayed for them. It was awesome, but I was also touched by my Louis. He was not at all afraid but prayed right out loud for his uncle. I remember when I was pregnant with him and the others that I would pray for them, for their health, the delivery, for their future friends and spouses, but most of all I prayed that they would know Jesus as their Savior. That is the most important thing to me. I just love to see the faith of a child but wow, I thank God for the faith of my children and the Holy Spirit's work in their life.

No comments: