Monday, August 1, 2016

Summer



Summer is absolutely flying by at the speed of lightning!!!  Way too fast for me!:(  

I think we may not start our school till after labor day just so we can soak up a bit more of summer!  I think with teaching last year I was a bit behind even before summer began... 

It has been pretty non stop, especially for the big boys... In the above picture they were getting ready to leave for the National Youth Gathering in New Orleans.  They loved it... worshipping with 25,000 other Christian youth.  We were so happy they had the opportunity to go.  Literally, they were home for 3 days and off they went to Haiti!  


My sister and crew were up from St. Louis just for a day visit... But it was really special!  It is always a treat to spend time together... even if it is far too short!  The kids loved the toilet bowl slide at the pool.  We have spent countless hours there... It has been a perfect summer weather wise:)


Hope and Eli chatting it up... They discovered they really could get married since she is adopted... The conversations were hilarious!


Sweet baby Kaliyah Joy and her old man face... She was passed out cold at the pool.  She has been such a great sport... Goes with the flow and seriously is the happiest baby whether it is hanging at the pool or inside in her exersaucer she is a joyful baby! 
We were so blessed by this perfect little baby!


My two biggest helpers while the big 3 men are in Haiti!  They have been amazing!  I literally don't know what I would do with out them!  


The Haiti crew at 4:30 am as they headed out.  I spoke with  Greg for just a few minutes tonight!  They are all safe and well and having an amazing time!  I can't wait to hear all about it, especially from the kids perspectives!  I really miss them all! But we are so thankful that they have this wonderful opportunity to share the love of Jesus with the people in Haiti! 

I was amazingly blessed by the head pastor's wife Gretchen coming over and helping me with laundry tonight... What started out as towels ended up as the WHOLE bunch of laundry...load after load as we talked!  It was so nice to have some adult visiting and the helping hands with folding!  What a gift to my tired heart today!  





No comments: