Monday, March 14, 2016

Kaliyah's big day...

Have  you ever seen a more beautiful baby girl?
I am seriously blown away by God's goodness in making her a part of our forever family!

Yesterday this sweet pumpkin was surrounded by the love of her family, friends, and our church family as she was baptized into the family of God!

Our church allows the parents to give a family blessing to the baby and since Greg did the baptism, I was able to read the blessing...

I am always struck by the connection between our adoption into God's family and Him making us His children and the real life journey of adopting children... So yesterday held special meaning to me...



This was the family blessing that was read for Kaliyah...

Kaliyah Joy Hintz, Just as God our father adopts us as His children, God in His infinite wisdom and faithfulness has brought you to our family through the loving sacrifice of your birth mom and the miracle of adoption.  We are so grateful that God chose you to be a part of our forever family.  We plan on helping you grow in your faith by doing family devotions, teaching you Bible stories, praying for and with you, retelling stories of God’s faithfulness in our lives, and always making sure you know how much Jesus loves you. 

We have chosen this bible verse for you: 

For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:13-14

On days like yesterday, the sacrifice of her birth mom is ever present on my mind... God did knit her together in her birth mothers womb... so beautifully... so perfectly...
And He knit her together in our hearts... 


Our family and all but 1 of Kaliyah's sponsors who will pray for her and help her grow in her faith!








My two nieces loving on their new God child... Such a cute picture of all three of those girls!

Our dear friends the Nyquists who are also sponsors for Kaliyah... Our family baptismal outfits were missing in action in our house... I am sure they are here somewhere but need to be dug out... 

So Kim, allowed Kaliyah to wear her dress, which was gorgeous!  It was perfect for her! It was also so special for her to wear a dress that had such special meaning attached to it as well! 

It was a beautiful day as we celebrated this beautiful girl and the work that the Lord will continue to do in her life!









No comments: