Wednesday, December 21, 2011

THE LITTLES


These are 2 of the sweet pumpkins that I am sharing a slumber party with tonight... I have to admit little Miss Hope is staying in her own room... she is definitely not at the point where she would get any sleep out in the family room with the rest of us... or allow any of us to catch any shut eye:)

The older boys are away with Greg tonight... they left earlier today and will be gone till late tomorrow night.  They are finally getting their chance to go through the family life resource the Passport to Purity.  I am so happy that they have this time to get away together, the 3 of them.  I know Greg had some fun things planned to mix in between the sessions that they will go through together... I can't wait to hear about it...

We had a hard MEND meeting last night... We welcomed 2 new gals who had lost their babies in the last few months.  There are a lot of girls that are fresh in their grief and it literally breaks my heart remembering exactly how I felt that first Christmas after Samuel died.  I am so glad that I found MEND and a safe place to land in my sorrow... God knew I would need it... and I am so thankful to still be able to be a part of it, to hopefully help others know that they are not alone in their sadness...

We have been off of school all week and it has been glorious... we really needed the break... I know we don't have any more than the average family has going on... but it has seemed really busy.  We have enjoyed making hot cocoa, cookies, and friendship tea together.  It has been so nice to be around the house more than normal... We are really looking forward to Christmas and celebrating our Saviors birth...

The little ones are finishing up a movie, and then will hit the hay in the family room...Levi is already out... Then I plan to try to get the Christmas cards done and get some presents wrapped... I will join the kiddos on the couch a little later... we will see how much sleep we all get tonight:)

No comments: