Sunday, December 25, 2011

What a great day!


CUDDLING WITH MY SNOWFLAKE BABY... BESIDES MY SAVIOR... ONE OF THE BEST GIFTS OF THIS PAST YEAR FOR SURE!!!

What a sweet Christmas Day the Lord blessed us with... I am so grateful...

The kids and I were up late Christmas Eve... after church last night we did IHOP with our small group friends... Lots of laughing and good fellowship:)

Then Greg went back to church for the late services and the kids and I went home for chocolate fondue, new snugglies (either jammies or slippers:) and a movie...

I of course fell asleep on the couch watching the movie and the kids, (Lou, Caleb, Anna  and Jojo) watched all of "It's a Wonderful Life".  In my tired state I thought that 132 minutes meant an hour an a half... so it went much later than I was expecting...  I was just not thinking... Oops...

The movie had just finished when Greg walked in the door at 1:45  CRAZY!!!  Surprisingly they all got out of bed quickly for church this morning.... I was proud of them...

After church we opened our family presents...The kids loved all of theirs and I was amazed at the thought that Greg put into the presents he got me this year... we never do a whole lot for each other, usually something small...

He got me the most beautiful snowflake necklace... (Sometimes babies that are born from frozen embryos are called snowflake babies:)  Then he had bought a soft snowflake throw and snowflake cups from Levi to Anna and me... just precious... so thoughtful...

Then we had a few families over for a mountain dinner... it was sort of an experiment, but I think went pretty well... basically you have rice and everyone brings all sorts of toppings for the rice... anything from meat, to veggies, to nuts, to pineapple... it actually tasted really good and was a different way to celebrate Christmas that is for sure...

I was totally overcome by the Lord's goodness to our family today... I was so thankful to be able to celebrate with friends who are like family to us... what a gift... Especially when you live far away from all family...

And to be surrounded by my husband and kids was all I could ever want...  (except of course another little 3 year old boy messing around with us all day... can't wait for Heaven to enjoy that ) It was a beautiful Christmas...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great talking with you! Solo looking forward to just hanging out together. , can't wait! Sounds like a wonderful Christmas... And way to go Greg. I love that. Talk soon!
beth

Christa said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I just love your snowflake necklace! So sweet!

Ella said...

Good to hear that you had, what seems to be, a memorable Christmas! :) We are missing you all here in WI. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the break and we'll be thinking of you up north!!! Love ya <3

Becky said...

Oh Sara, SO SO thoughtful that man of yours!! How sweet and memorable. So many things to be thankful for this Christmas, I'm sure it was extra special. And can't help but wonder what that little Samuel did to celebrate in heaven. I suppose every DAY is Christmas in heaven though...
Love to you guys, and love the family picture! Wow! Everyone is getting so big!