Saturday, August 16, 2008

ONCE A MONTH COOKING

ONE OF MY HELPERS:)

ALMOST DONE...

7 1/2 HOURS...

28 MEALS LATER... YEAH WE ARE DONE!!!

Probably 12 years ago Greg bought me a book called Once A Month Cooking. He wanted to try it so he made the 2 week plan while I was up north visiting family. We loved it, it was so nice to just have something homemade to pull out of the freezer. We have done it one other time over the past 12 years... now we are at it again.

I was finding by the end of the afternoon, I was just feeling lazy, tired, and not in the mood to make dinner. It just seemed so much easier to throw in a frozen pizza or something easy. I really do love to cook for my family, I think with the little one on the way I am just running out of room and energy:) So I decided we were going to try it again. The last time, I also made the 2 week plan and found that it lasted us close to a month with left overs and cooking fresh here and there. So I figured I would make maybe 15-20 meals and see how long it lasted... Well 28 meals later we should be good for a while. It just kind of seemed to multiply as I was cooking. I had lots of help from the kiddos. Anna helped make 2 lasagnas, Louis made the tator tot casseroles, and Caleb helped with the enchiladas. JOJO just hung out and played with whoever wasn't helping. We certainly should be good for the next 6 weeks. I can't wait to start school this next week and just be able to pull out something that just needs to be popped in the oven. I hope to do it more than every 6 years or so :) (pretty pathetic huh?) But we will see what happens. Greg even said next time he would do the cooking. I almost died, but he might be onto something seeing as how we should run out about 3+ weeks before the baby is due to arrive:) I think it would be fun to do together:)


No comments: