Tuesday, July 22, 2008

FUN IN WISCONSIN

THE BIG KIDS AT THE FOURTH OF JULY PARADE

CALEB AND THE ARTISTS HANNAH AND ELLA


THE LITTLE SQUIRRELS ON THE PORCH


THE LADIES ON THE DOCK


GRANDPA AND THE BOYS

Hello long lost friends. We have been busy. AHHHH! But praise the Lord we are in our home in Oklahoma and things are getting somewhat settled. I will share more about our move and leaving the seminary in my next post. But for now these were all pictures from our time up in Wisconsin. We had to go up to rent a truck to move things from my parents basement that we had stored there during our time at the sem. So we figured we would spend a little time with family. Twice a year we all (my 5 siblings and 17 grandchildren) try to converge together at my parents cabin. Of course Grandma and Grandpa come along too, and I must say that they handle all of the noise and commotion quite well, all things considered. So the 29 of us all spent a few days together up in the north woods. That was the best part of our trip. It is vacation. There really isn't much that you have to do, unless it is your day to cook for everyone. So we spent a week hanging out at the lake, visiting, and just enjoying each other. It was a blessing to have that time with family. As you can see the kids had lots of fun with all of their cousins.

After our time at the cabin we headed back to Dousman to pack up the truck. We had lots of help from family. And decided to leave the picnic table with our friends the Cecils in Watertown, thinking we probably wouldn't have room for it in the truck. Little did we realize how much else we might not fit in. Yikes! But I had started to think about it... When we moved to St. Louis 2 years ago with out all of the stuff in my parents basement we rented a 28 ft truck that was packed full. Now to move out we were renting a 26 ft truck and we had to fit even more in. How was this going to work? I will fill you in on that in my next post:)


No comments: