Saturday, December 15, 2007

SNOW FALL AT THE SEM


This morning I went with the pro-life group on campus to the Planned Parenthood nearby to pray for the girls there. Someone or a group go from campus every week. I have been wanting to go for over a year and finally did. Ugh, it was absolutely gut wrenching for me. I really wanted to yell out, "I will take your baby," as the girls were heading inside. (Anyone who knows this baby lover knows I would:) It wasn't a good feeling. I felt helpless to do anything but pray. Sometimes I can get so wrapped up in my own life with my kids and family that I almost forget about how much people are hurting. I just wanted to reach out to those girls and hug them and tell them there is another way, another option is there for them. I keep praying amidst the busyness that the Holy Spirit will keep others at the forefront of my mind and lead me to reach out to those who need it.

Anyways on a lighter note. It is beautiful here in St. Louis. Snow started to fall after midnight last night. The kids were so excited to go out and play in it. They have been sledding and building forts all afternoon. Ahhh, a piece of the north. We are enjoying it. Greg has to preach tonight at our field work church St. Johns so he is already gone with Louis. Lou and some others from campus are helping in the service by doing a human video for Greg. He is excited to finally get to preach there. He really misses having the opportunity to preach since we have been here at the sem. But realistically with classes it is difficult to find the time to work on a sermon. So that time will come soon enough when he will have lots of opportunities on vicarage.

We are expected to get up to another 4 inches of snow tonight. Yeah!!! Break out the snow boots everyone. I love it!





No comments: