Wednesday, December 12, 2007

BEST FRIENDS AGAIN


BEST BUDDIES
We have had a busy few days. The kids Christmas Party was held on campus last weekend. I will try to post a picture from that later. The kids have a blast. They get to do a bunch of projects, play some games and even get to spick out a present for their mom and dad. It is so sweet because they are just thrilled and can hardly keep it to themselves. I know what all of Greg's present are and I am sure he knows what mine are. It takes everything in them to keep it a secret.
Tonight I was checking something on the computer and all of a sudden I heard screaming from the other bedroom. Greg was downstairs in the basement practicing a human video that he has some kids doing at church this weekend. He gets to preach at the Saturday night service. Anyways... I needed to go address the situation. Anna and Jo were in their bedroom and Jo had hurt her somehow. It was so sweet how easily the problems can be solved sometimes. I told him to go give her a hug, say he was sorry and ask for forgiveness. She right away hugged him, picked him up and said, "We're best friends again." He was obviously forgiven and I bet 5 minutes later she wouldn't have even remembered what had happened. Quite a lesson for us adults. Our heavenly father forgives us over and over again, day after day. Kids are so quick to forgive. It certainly doesn't pay to harbor bitterness, dwell on the negative, or hold a grudge. There just isn't time for it. I want to be like little Anna and just love others. We are memorizing all of the love verses in 1 Corinthians 13 right now. We have had lots of teachable moments as we talk about love not delighting in evil, but being patient, kind, not boastful,not envying. We are about 1/2 way through that portion of scripture. Last week we were studying the 50 states and the boys were supposed to memorize all 50 states and their capitals. They do know a bunch of them and sure that would be pretty neat....but I had a decision to make. Did I really want to spend that much time on that right now? I would much rather have my kids have the word of God hidden in their heart. That way when they need to pull it out it is there to share with others or help to guide them as they live for HIM. So we will keep working on the states and their capitals a bit at a time and focus on the BIBLE ... Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth!

No comments: