Saturday, June 23, 2012

THE BOYS WILL BE BACK IN TOWN...

 LOU, LAST OCTOBER WORKING IN FRONT OF THE OLD JOPLIN HIGH SCHOOL...
 CALEB WORKING IN JOPLIN
GREG AND JO SPORTING THEIR I LOVE JOPLIN T'S... YOU CAN SEE THE OLD HOSPITAL BEHIND THEM... TO MY KNOWLEDGE THEY STILL HAVEN'T TAKEN IT DOWN...


Our older 2 boys are back up in Joplin tonight for the next week with our youth group.  Greg will join them after church tomorrow.  This will be their 5th time serving in Joplin in the last year.  The pictures above were taken last fall when the littles and I joined them for a couple of days!  

I love that our youth lady (Woohoo Tracy!!) puts a strong emphasis on serving.  I think that their themed shirts for this trip hit the nail on the head "More of God... Less of ME!  I love it, especially since teens seem to be a little self focused... I love that she is teaching them to take their eyes off of themselves and to see the needs of others...

It will be interesting to see what kind of work that they get to do this go around...  I know that there is still MUCH work to be done... The devastation from that tornado in May of 2011 still astounds me...

Praying here on the homefront that the Lord works mightily in the kids hearts as they work mightily for HIM!!!

I will hopefully update in the next couple of days on this next journey our family is taking on the road of adoption:)

No comments: